Calling y'all out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I think I've just green lighted the project. It's gonna a bit of a process but it's gotta be done!

What about a two tone like some of the newer tahoes? Bottom of the windows down black and the rest upwards tan? I've been looking through pictures of newer yukons Eskys and tahoe tryin to get ideas. It's a bigger project so I was thinking of just goin big remodeling the whole inside... removing 60/40 rear getting captains chairs. Like the pics you've shown. Moving my center console. But I've also been thinking about the jumpseat addition up front. I don't know how well that would flow though...
Doesn't sound bad. I think the black/tan would look good. You've got yourself a huuuuggge project ahead of you! Where would you move the center console to? Very interesting ideas!

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzin and roadwire both have the pattern for your truck. Its a fairly well fitting kit. If you're competent to pattern and make the upholstery yourself im sure you have the ability to iron out any wrinkles, so to speak. Other than that, dunno man, that's all you. Ive done high end auto upholstery for years , so id be happy to help with tech stuff, but design is all up to you.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzkin is a quality leather seat and decently priced. You can get all sorts of different looks, and they'll embroider them for you if you want. They send you the covers pre made, you just take your old ones off and put new hog rings on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tahoe seats arent hog ring. Even easier, theyre velcro. The jesus clips are a pain but do able.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a drivers seat bottom, foam and new heating element from the seat shop. Wasnt the cheapest option. But matches factory exactly. Easy install.
For the price, might be best off finding a donor interior

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I bought a drivers seat bottom, foam and new heating element from the seat shop. Wasnt the cheapest option. But matches factory exactly. Easy install.
For the price, might be best off finding a donor interior
In the long run your best option is what you did. Saves alot of time , plus it's hard to find a good leather seat for a reasonable price.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But i only needed the one bottom. That ran me close to $300.
if it were me looking to do a new interior, that would add up fast

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got katzkin kit for my yukon. had roadwire in my old tahoe and both kits are nice.

tbush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just started the same project all plastics were cleaned using aircraft brand remover and then wiped down with grease and wax remover by dupli color then sprayed with dupli color fabric and vinyl spray. Seat covers came from coverkings.com I also painted front and rear bumpers

image.jpg

tbush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just started the same project all plastics were cleaned using aircraft brand remover and then wiped down with grease and wax remover by dupli color then sprayed with dupli color fabric and vinyl spray. Seat covers came from coverkings.com I also painted front and rear bumpers

View attachment 178095
Phone wouldn't upload second pic but the seat backs are molle compatible as well

image.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 178095
How long has it been and how's it holding up? How many coats do you think you went on each panel?