Calling all Lifted Trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my work in progress for those who are considering something similar.

Pro Comp 6" knuckle/crossmember lift.
Pro Comp 35x12.50/18s
Fuel 18" wheels
WARN Trans4mer
Nfab nerf bars

With one exception, I'm very happy with everything so far.

The lift kit really firmed up the handling and got rid of that mushy feeling. The dealer told me there would be no rubbing, but they were wrong and it does rub the inside of the wheel well on the front of the cab when I hit a significant bump mid turn and when in reverse with the steering cranked all the way over.

The Nfab nerf bars have held up in the wet climate I live in. No rust or anything in a bit over a year and a half. They were easy to install and took all of 10 minutes. The steps are very slippery when wet. You might consider applying a coat of black deck paint or something similar to the steps to address that. I'm used to it now but I almost fell on my ass the first time I slipped on it.

I don't use the Trans4mer much, but I can say I broke two 5,000 lb straps (separately) trying to drag something and it didn't so much as flex that I could see. It also does a lot to discourage inconsiderate drivers from parking by touch. Some of the bolts are starting to rust - I'll likely replace them with stainless. I wish WARN would have shipped it with stainless or galvanized hardware.

The big disappointment in all of this are the tires. Three of the tires are fine. The fourth has a manufacturing defect where the rim is off center in the tire. The tire itself is round and is not separated. You can put it on the balance machine and see how one side is off about 1/2" from the other. It was brand new and needed 22.5 ounces of lead to balance yet was still bouncy because it is off center. When I approached 4WheelParts about it they refused to do anything but use road hazard coverage to replace the tire which I would then have to buy again. I was told Pro Comp would say the same. As a result I will never buy anything from 4WheelParts or Pro Comp again.

Things to do:
  • I need to get my fender flares painted and installed - the knuckle kit leaves the front wheels sticking out fairly far as you can see in the second pic.
  • At some point I plan to black out the chrome on the grill and the front/rear bow ties. I'll probably use the PlastiDip method I saw in another thread here.

She looks a lot better when she's not covered with sand and salt.

20140206_123908_zps61e21dad.jpg

20140206_124032_zpsaaab8be3.jpg

20140206_124003_zps7401daa8.jpg

20140206_123938_zpsd782641d.jpg

Andrew Hastings

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just finished bulding my Tahoe....

2017 Z71 Tahoe
4" TUFF COUNTRY LIFT
FABTECH CONTROL ARMS
20" VENOMREX VR-602 GRAPHITE
34" ROADONE CAVALRY M/T
PEDAL COMMANDER
S&B COLD AIR INTAKE
INSTAGRAM @lonestarautogroup

have some light bars I want to mount inside the grill. If anyone has some details on ways to mount them please hit me up!IMG_0775.jpg IMG_0876.jpg 66FB7B61-4A44-4853-B736-0F6697D18F49.JPG IMG_1855.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts