buying tech 2 scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I figured i might as well buy a tech 2, since i plan on having this truck for a while. I did some searching online and there seemed to be quite a few places selling what seems like the real deal, for $400 new. These website seem to be foreign (read into this from China).

Does anyone know what is up with these Tech 2s? Has anyone bought one of them and tested it out?

Here are a few:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/gm-t...013999999897&gclid=CL_D0Kuko7wCFU7xOgodb1MAfw

http://www.dhgate.com/product/dhgat...icTools|c|||&gclid=CLLolqyno7wCFelxOgod0z4AUw

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Ive seen them before. I dont believe youll be able to program all modules though, and you cant get updates without having certain GM memberships.

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are replica Tech 2's. I have heard that they are made from much cheaper material. I would look for a used official one not a chinese one. :headbang:

OP
OP
R

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else use these that would have something to comment about tech2 clones?

If I get a general scan tool such as a snap on, are you able to program and change settings in computer?

Thanks.

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about chassis and body codes? I need to get into air bag and suspension codes on the DIC

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the knock off tech 2's they can not be updated or used with TIS or any other GM online service. They also have limited functions on what they can and cant do vs a real one.