Buying a 2011 ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
im going to look at a 2011 ppv 2wd Tahoe tomorrow with 147k miles for $5900... it’s too good of a deal to not go look at. I already got my bank to ok me the little loan. Anything I should check when I go look at it besides the basic stuff? look at the coolant and other fluids and make should everything works as it should.

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

Reaction score
That's a pretty good deal if it isn't all beat up.

That’s what I’m saying. The pictures look nice online. Going tomorrow morning to look at it... all the other 2011 ppv with 120k-140k are selling for 8-10,000..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your Tech2 with you and have a looksee inside! Test ALL options from the cruise control to Tow Mode and rear wipers and all lights, especially the lights as this was a black and white.

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

Reaction score
82A64231-B6F0-4E44-A585-0AC0B252F7D9.jpeg
2011 ppv with 147k miles
Has acouple door dings
Both front fenders have some dents n scuffs so I prly will get new fenders.
Not sure if I wanna keep it blue or get a paint job. My buddy cousin owns a body shop so I could prly get a decent cheap paint job.
Also not sure if I wanna put some headlights and taillights and rims on it and try to flip it tax time. Lol

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

Reaction score
How is the engine and drivetrain? The interior?

Engine sounds so smooth can’t even hear it running, I was surprised. Shifts great. Drove it home 1.5hours with not a problem. Cloth interior in good shape. I’m a leather guy myself though. It’s missing acouple inside trim pieces in the back seat... but if I keep this truck it will be getting a b-pillar with 4 18s... and then my 02 Tahoe will have a cpillar wall so I can have a back seat for the kids still.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine sounds so smooth can’t even hear it running, I was surprised. Shifts great. Drove it home 1.5hours with not a problem. Cloth interior in good shape. I’m a leather guy myself though. It’s missing acouple inside trim pieces in the back seat... but if I keep this truck it will be getting a b-pillar with 4 18s... and then my 02 Tahoe will have a cpillar wall so I can have a back seat for the kids still.

Congrats on the purchase! I just bought a 2011 PPV with 71,000 miles for $7500- I just picked it up yesterday too!

I'm fairly mechanically inclined (cut my teeth on a 300zx) and just looked through my Tahoe. A few pointers:

1. Check your driver side motor mount. If it hasn't been replaced yet, it's probably munched.
2. Check your battery trays for rust.
3. Make sure all of the light/radio holes have been properly and tightly sealed. I found a bunch of water under my passenger side vinyl flooring.
4. With your mileage, check your struts for leaks and look through your suspension.
5. Change all of your fluids unless you have good records. Change the oil, transmission, and brake fluids asap. You can send an oil sample off to Blackstone Labs to check the state of your motor.

Good luck. I'm still building a repair/replacement list for my Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec