Buy this yukon gt? Or ney

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

La_limitada

Reaction score
I have a chance of buying a yukon gt for a decent price, but problem is that tranny has been rebuilt but didn't come out right so it got offered to me. How much would a new transmission run me or is it cheaper to have it rebuilt?

View attachment 192024

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t see the attachment, but I’d probably budget $1500-$2000 for a shop to rebuild and reinstall. It’s probably a little more for a reman installed, but would have a better warranty.

Call a dealer for a quote. That’d probably be your most expensive option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CDC73D09-1E1B-4040-AA54-3F8C16A93373.jpeg
I have a chance of buying a yukon gt for a decent price, but problem is that tranny has been rebuilt but didn't come out right so it got offered to me. How much would a new transmission run me or is it cheaper to have it rebuilt?

View attachment 192024
You can buy a brand new 4L80E transmission from dealer for 2500 can you buy it and bring it back to trans shop, is this truck worth it

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 192024

That's a good question, after several attempts to look @ your attachment, it kept coming up as error. Not knowing the final cost after you purchase and pay labor (hoping the shop gives you a fair price) since your buying the trans. People are funny about $$$, you just don't know anymore. What year, mileage, overall condition and any other issues ?
David g..........:2cents:

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it's worth it if you like it and can afford to do it. I would rather buy a cheap obs and replace the engine and transmission that buy a newer hoe with 100k miles on it for $20k. thats what i'm getting ready to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos