Bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieselman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What kind of bump stops are you guys running on the front of a leveled tahoe? Trying to find longer bump stops bc the factory ones don't touch any more. Has any one tried the timbren kits? If so any thoughts on them there kinda high price.

Last edited:

aquacure

Reaction score
OP
OP
Dieselman84

Dieselman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I was looking at those did you notice a change in the ride after you put them on?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most people move the bracket up I believe depending on how much you raised the front.

aquacure

Reaction score
Yea I was looking at those did you notice a change in the ride after you put them on?
I did everything at the same time so no "before" experience. I dont have that boat sway like people talk about.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is the best option that I have heard of. The vehicle will ride better if the jounce stops are in contact @ rest.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Those are shorter than stock, which seems counterintuitive to me. I would think you need something quite a bit taller than stock ones. They need to be in contact with the control arm in order for the torsion bars to work correctly.

The stock stops stay and these go on top of the arm to meet the existing ones.

OP
OP
Dieselman84

Dieselman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the energy suspension stops so I'll drill a hole in the bottom control arm and bolt them on it should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons