Building a new show rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hellboyz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks slick already!! Love the amount of audio going into it as well!

Thank you. I love building SPL and SQ rigs. Building a system that cab do both is really hard. I'm 49 an this will probably be my last build. It will be a constant build in progress. We r doing 3 sets of new 6.5 mojo components and a set of 8" in the console up front. Probably put a few 8" for rear fill in the custom center console we are gonna do. Since it has bucket seats front and rear, we are gonna build a one piece console the runs from under the dash to the back row and will hook into the amp rack/sub enclosure to make it look like one piece once it's been wrapped. I named it Punisher, so I'm using the punisher head and a wicked looking black with green zombie reaper Z wrap.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missed the xl part, reading fast and scanned pic quick. Is it possible to swap seat frame from shorter one to longer one though? Never looked
Sorry, can't swap the seats from an XL into a standard Yukon. Brackets for the second row are completely different - the XL's brackets are completely on the floor, while the second row for the Shorty bolt onto the ledge.

KReed450

Reaction score
Thank you. I love building SPL and SQ rigs. Building a system that cab do both is really hard. I'm 49 an this will probably be my last build. It will be a constant build in progress. We r doing 3 sets of new 6.5 mojo components and a set of 8" in the console up front. Probably put a few 8" for rear fill in the custom center console we are gonna do. Since it has bucket seats front and rear, we are gonna build a one piece console the runs from under the dash to the back row and will hook into the amp rack/sub enclosure to make it look like one piece once it's been wrapped. I named it Punisher, so I'm using the punisher head and a wicked looking black with green zombie reaper Z wrap.

Thats gonna be slick! Cant wait to see it! You should probably just let me have those wheels since your going to Forces haha

OP
OP
H

hellboyz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats gonna be slick! Cant wait to see it! You should probably just let me have those wheels since your going to Forces haha

I wrapping the lips and rolling with these for a while. The Forces are like last one the list. With their lead time, they'll need a year or 2 anyway. Here's the wrap

Thats gonna be slick! IMAG0983.jpg Cant wait to see it! You should probably just let me have those wheels since your going to Forces haha

KReed450

Reaction score
I wrapping the lips and rolling with these for a while. The Forces are like last one the list. With their lead time, they'll need a year or 2 anyway. Here's the wrap

Haha just messing with you! That'll look good though!

OP
OP
H

hellboyz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha just messing with you! That'll look good though!

No problem, I'm a thick skinned grumpy old army vet. It takes alot to get to me. If by some miracle my timeline on the Forces jump ahead, I'll gladly send you the ones on it for a small fee and shipping/handling. Unless you wanna drive to NC

KReed450

Reaction score
No problem, I'm a thick skinned grumpy old army vet. It takes alot to get to me. If by some miracle my timeline on the Forces jump ahead, I'll gladly send you the ones on it for a small fee and shipping/handling. Unless you wanna drive to NC

Thank you for your service! That would work! Give me a shout if that happens!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't swap the seats from an XL into a standard Yukon. Brackets for the second row are completely different - the XL's brackets are completely on the floor, while the second row for the Shorty bolt onto the ledge.
Even the front seats? I was really just talking about fronts and I thought op said fronts but i was reading quickly

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missed the xl part, reading fast and scanned pic quick. Is it possible to swap seat frame from shorter one to longer one though? Never looked
Even the front seats? I was really just talking about fronts and I thought op said fronts but i was reading quickly

I believe the front seats have the same mounting brackets in the Yukon/Tahoe and Suburban/ Yukon XL. don't quote me as being gospel, tho.

BUT..... there isn't any reason you couldn't remove the entire seat track from one seat and bolt it to another. Hell, I took some '93 Grand Am front seats, and made them work in my old '88 S-10 Blazer - I sat about 3" lower to the floor with the Grand Am seats, but they were MUCH more comfortable. Fabbed brackets, shifted the whole mounting assembly back about 4"..... and looked through the rear side panel glass when looking left. You guys should have seen the looks I used to get when I'd creep up to a light, and nobody could see me in the driver's seat, I was so far back and down!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the front seats have the same mounting brackets in the Yukon/Tahoe and Suburban/ Yukon XL. don't quote me as being gospel, tho.

BUT..... there isn't any reason you couldn't remove the entire seat track from one seat and bolt it to another. Hell, I took some '93 Grand Am front seats, and made them work in my old '88 S-10 Blazer - I sat about 3" lower to the floor with the Grand Am seats, but they were MUCH more comfortable. Fabbed brackets, shifted the whole mounting assembly back about 4"..... and looked through the rear side panel glass when looking left. You guys should have seen the looks I used to get when I'd creep up to a light, and nobody could see me in the driver's seat, I was so far back and down!

Thats what i thought... just swapping seat frames..
On a side note, was up your way yesterday... took the kiddos up to Lake George... great escape....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442