Broken torsion bar mount 97 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanm1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I looked on youtube for videos but had no luck, my 97 Tahoe has a broken torsion bar mount on the drivers side. Im waiting for the part to get to me, I have a buddy that will do it for next to nothing. I know its only two bolts.

Is it very hard to do? Do I need any special tools? Or just ratchets and sockets?

OP
OP
R

ryanm1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any help would be appreciated, I know someones had this problem. with a 4 door obs. just wanting to know if its something I could do in my driveway, or do I need something special for the torsion bar itself. its the rear mount on the drivers side, small aluminum piece with two rubber bushings on each end. just need some help because this is my daily driver, and rock auto is dicking around with my ship time now changed it so its going to be a few more days I was just going to go to one of my local scrap yard and get one most likely free I know the guy and he gives me small things like that for free or 2 bucks

Joe Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any help would be appreciated, I know someones had this problem. with a 4 door obs. just wanting to know if its something I could do in my driveway, or do I need something special for the torsion bar itself. its the rear mount on the drivers side, small aluminum piece with two rubber bushings on each end. just need some help because this is my daily driver, and rock auto is dicking around with my ship time now changed it so its going to be a few more days I was just going to go to one of my local scrap yard and get one most likely free I know the guy and he gives me small things like that for free or 2 bucks
I can't find a part number for the frame mount. It's rivot on I need bolt on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT