Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today. They told me the Hummer one won't fit...

The said $100 for a new OEM mount and 2.1 hours to install it.
Actually I don't doubt it since the application guide says it's just for the Hummer. It might fit but I don't think GM has updated the application.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this yesterday. Yea It's a real pain for sure. You basically have to work completely blind to get those top bolts on the block. My truck is an AWD, removing the steering shaft is a big help, and it's only 2 bolts. I didn't remove the drivers halfshaft... didn't see the need.
I have fat arms.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is like Autozone when it comes to using unoriginal parts on a vehicle. If their computer says it's not for that vehicle, they won't investigate any further and you're shunned as one of those radical, warranty-violating car modifiers and they will not be an accomplice to you in the dangerous world of non-stockness. Ask them to look up a Graystone Metallic door handle for a White Diamond Tricoat Yukon and they'll tell you it won't fit.

Maybe if you told them you needed a mount for a PPV?

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking at pics from rockauto, it looks like the H3 5.3L mount could work, but not the H2 6.0L mount, it looks like its set at 90 degrees from engine to frame. The H3 mount has some big plate bolted to it on the engine side but if you take that off, it looks like it would work based on what I saw with the mount in my truck.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thread on here talks about a TSB to use the same part number from the passenger side of the H3. Part number 25847739. A review on Amazon states it worked well on an 07 Tahoe. The description on rockauto describes it as a conventional mount where as the yukon mount for mine is described as hydraulic (obviously). Just another reason to believe this would work.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is like Autozone when it comes to using unoriginal parts on a vehicle. If their computer says it's not for that vehicle, they won't investigate any further and you're shunned as one of those radical, warranty-violating car modifiers and they will not be an accomplice to you in the dangerous world of non-stockness. Ask them to look up a Graystone Metallic door handle for a White Diamond Tricoat Yukon and they'll tell you it won't fit.

Maybe if you told them you needed a mount for a PPV?

Time to find another parts house!!

I'm always going in looking for parts that aren't going on what they are supposed to fit. When they start asking about what the part came on, I may give them a list of vehicles the part may have come on, but usually start with 'this one of my Frankenstien projects', and they'll then usually sit back and see what I'm doing. Many times we end up getting 'the books' out.

I do find doing things like this, I probably spend more money on stuff that doesn't work, but that's not their problem, and your Vatozone guy is missing sales!! :cheers:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to find another parts house!!

I'm always going in looking for parts that aren't going on what they are supposed to fit. When they start asking about what the part came on, I may give them a list of vehicles the part may have come on, but usually start with 'this one of my Frankenstien projects', and they'll then usually sit back and see what I'm doing. Many times we end up getting 'the books' out.

I do find doing things like this, I probably spend more money on stuff that doesn't work, but that's not their problem, and your Vatozone guy is missing sales!! :cheers:

My parts house is one of a few local salvage yards, the internet or O'Reilly if I need something local. I only go to Vatozone when all else fails or I need to borrow a tool. My local O'Reilly and I have that same relationship- I tell them what I need and they find it without all the questioning because they know it's a waste of time. I'm usually greeted with "whatcha puttin' together now?"

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I don't doubt it since the application guide says it's just for the Hummer. It might fit but I don't think GM has updated the application.

So he kinda found today where it's used to fit the PPV's so we ordered one to compare it to our OEM mount. So I'll know tomorrow for sure

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thread on here talks about a TSB to use the same part number from the passenger side of the H3. Part number 25847739. A review on Amazon states it worked well on an 07 Tahoe. The description on rockauto describes it as a conventional mount where as the yukon mount for mine is described as hydraulic (obviously). Just another reason to believe this would work.

Spot on. 100% will work. You will feel the engine more because it's just a rubber mount, but is a LOT less likely to go out.

Left side our OEM, ride side H3 (25847739)

a3v0hTX.jpg

fAfnLob.jpg

W2dr4qu.jpg

VG5WQnj.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather feel the engine running than feel it jump and knock when torqued! You'd only feel it at idle, anyway. Thanks for posting the confirmation pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63