Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buzzcut

Reaction score
Yes, evidently the motor mount issue is something that GM has failed to properly diagnose because I had a '99 Tahoe that had the issue with the broken motor mount. I guess because I really enjoyed the '99 Tahoe, I decided to purchase a '08 Tahoe, and guess what...YES, another broken motor mount. My '08 also has the cracked dash. I am keeping my eyes open for the same issues with the newer SUVs because I do like GM SUVs, but I will definitely hesitate to buy another one if these issues persists.

tbqh GM doesn't give a damn because if they did these issues would have not happened. My 2004 was bulletproof and the jury is out on my 2013. Only time will tell. Good Luck.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone provided feedback that there is a heavy duty motor mount sold by GM that looks like it fits the hummer H3.

Details below. Similar engine I think but not sure if it will work or not.

MOUNT ASM-ENG - GM (25847739)

• List Price:$114.23
  • You Save:$38.70 (34% off)
  • Sale Price:$75.53
In Stock
genuine-gm.png
  • Manufacturer:GM
  • Part Number:25847739
  • Part:Mount Asm-Eng

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in another thread recently and am considering trying it. Actually, I'd replace both with it. I'm not doing anything until I'm ready to install headers, though.

miatawnt2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did this yesterday. Yea It's a real pain for sure. You basically have to work completely blind to get those top bolts on the block. My truck is an AWD, removing the steering shaft is a big help, and it's only 2 bolts. I didn't remove the drivers halfshaft... didn't see the need.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did this yesterday. Yea It's a real pain for sure. You basically have to work completely blind to get those top bolts on the block. My truck is an AWD, removing the steering shaft is a big help, and it's only 2 bolts. I didn't remove the drivers halfshaft... didn't see the need.
Did you use the Hummer mount?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you use the Hummer mount?

Went to the dealer today. They told me the Hummer one won't fit...

The said $100 for a new OEM mount and 2.1 hours to install it.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today. They told me the Hummer one won't fit...

The said $100 for a new OEM mount and 2.1 hours to install it.

WTF....some people successfully installed. Sometimes dealerships are dumb. Can anyone that installed or plan to install take some pics and compare?

@NathanJax, you gave them same model # posted above?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF....some people successfully installed. Sometimes dealerships are dumb. Can anyone that installed or plan to install take some pics and compare?

@NathanJax, you gave them same model # posted above?

I have to stop back by there so I'll talk to another person about it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN