Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've literally never heard of the passenger side going bad. I suppose it's possible but unlikely.
The torque of the engine pulls on the drivers side mount. My 05 GTO literally ripped the drivers side mount in half. I went to a billet mount with rubber inserts afterwards. NVH went up slightly, but at least the engine stays in the car. Suxs to see this problem with the trucks since the mount is so complicated. 97608c00db3c489ee1ffc1b79b15e346.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

4myfreedom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Not being a jerk but yes. At one point or another, I think there has been a complaint about all of these. Chief of which are motor mounts and cracks in the dash.
God yes!! Motor mount today on 08 avalanche wth???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics/video or it never happened :). Any update on the custom motor mount that was recently installed? Initially no complaints about vibrations but some times your opinion changes after more testing.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the auto zone part number. It is the same as the anchor brand on Rock auto, O'Rielley's house brand, and Advanced auto also.

Trammellmq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Not being a jerk but yes. At one point or another, I think there has been a complaint about all of these. Chief of which are motor mounts and cracks in the dash.
Yes, evidently the motor mount issue is something that GM has failed to properly diagnose because I had a '99 Tahoe that had the issue with the broken motor mount. I guess because I really enjoyed the '99 Tahoe, I decided to purchase a '08 Tahoe, and guess what...YES, another broken motor mount. My '08 also has the cracked dash. I am keeping my eyes open for the same issues with the newer SUVs because I do like GM SUVs, but I will definitely hesitate to buy another one if these issues persists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd