Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still unsure if I want to pay the $100 for AC Delco mounts from Rock Auto or spend the same $100 and get the Duralast mounts from Autozone with the lifetime warranty. Just not sure the AC Delco would last any longer than the Duralast.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cheap Chinese mount is still holding up fine.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still unsure if I want to pay the $100 for AC Delco mounts from Rock Auto or spend the same $100 and get the Duralast mounts from Autozone with the lifetime warranty. Just not sure the AC Delco would last any longer than the Duralast.
I bought the Duralast and the driver side lasted less than 6 months. I have a plan but when I actually do something that's a different story. I plan on cutting up the factory mount. Keeping the crossmember factory and adding a solid mount on the block side. Basically making two into one. That's the plan anyway. I'm not going to continue to buy rubber shit that breaks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a modification idea also but it does not involve the actual mount. On the driverside of my engine, there is a threaded boss right above and in front of the mount. I plan on making a limiter that will prevent the over travel of the mount which I believe is the cause of the failure to begin with. I have access to a heavy duty press and some industrial strength chain. I basically will flatten the end links to create a flange that I can bolt to the block and to the cross member and hopefully have just enough slack to allow the motor mount to flex like it is supposed to but stop short of over travel. I just need to actually get to doing the measurements and replacing the mount.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a modification idea also but it does not involve the actual mount. On the driverside of my engine, there is a threaded boss right above and in front of the mount. I plan on making a limiter that will prevent the over travel of the mount which I believe is the cause of the failure to begin with. I have access to a heavy duty press and some industrial strength chain. I basically will flatten the end links to create a flange that I can bolt to the block and to the cross member and hopefully have just enough slack to allow the motor mount to flex like it is supposed to but stop short of over travel. I just need to actually get to doing the measurements and replacing the mount.
Yeah I thought about chain also. I agree it is the over travel that is causing the issues. Sounds like we need to do a write ups when we finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ciro

Reaction score
I installed ACDelco in December 2016, it is still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some research this morning. I compared prices and such amongst 3 vendors. Autozone (duralast), Oreilley's (power torque) and RockAuto (Anchor) and they all have the same part number. Duralast and Anchor I believe is the exact same part, even the description are exact to the word. Duralast is $89 with lifetime warranty and Anchor is $32. Power Torque is the same part number with a C added and it comes with upper mounting plate and heat shield for $91 and a lifetime warranty. Obviously they can offer the lifetime warranty because you are paying 3 times the cost and they are betting you will lose your receipt and not return it.
Being this is not just a 10 minute job, I am still thinking of getting the AC Delco for the same price as the PowerTorque through Rock Auto.

Edit:
Advanced Auto is the same except they sell it as Anchor brand ( no heat shield and plate ) and offer it for $91 with lifetime warranty. So now it's got me thinking, is the AC Delco also manufactured by them and the price is inflated? Autozone offers the AC Delco for just a slight increase on price over the Duralast. Although it isn't in stock, it's by order only.

Last edited:

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some research this morning. I compared prices and such amongst 3 vendors. Autozone (duralast), Oreilley's (power torque) and RockAuto (Anchor) and they all have the same part number. Duralast and Anchor I believe is the exact same part, even the description are exact to the word. Duralast is $89 with lifetime warranty and Anchor is $32. Power Torque is the same part number with a C added and it comes with upper mounting plate and heat shield for $91 and a lifetime warranty. Obviously they can offer the lifetime warranty because you are paying 3 times the cost and they are betting you will lose your receipt and not return it.
Being this is not just a 10 minute job, I am still thinking of getting the AC Delco for the same price as the PowerTorque through Rock Auto.

Edit:
Advanced Auto is the same except they sell it as Anchor brand ( no heat shield and plate ) and offer it for $91 with lifetime warranty. So now it's got me thinking, is the AC Delco also manufactured by them and the price is inflated? Autozone offers the AC Delco for just a slight increase on price over the Duralast. Although it isn't in stock, it's by order only.

This is why I went cheap. You can't tell the difference from one of these mounts to the other based on part number or appearance alone. Kind of like all the milk in the grocery store generally comes from the same dairy. I was willing to take my chances on $30 rather than pay $90+ and grt the same thing. Still going strong by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne