Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... swapped out the broken driver side mount last night. I see now why they want $1200 for this kind of thing. It wasn't hard, just and exercise in getting the right combination of extensions and sockets to get the thing in/out. My hands hurt so dang bad today it's unbelievable.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some one lives in CA should contact Energy Suspension and let them develop an replacement engine mount for those trucks.

Somebody;) should write up a list of what tool combination they used. :emotions33:

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trans dapt has LS swap mounts. I wonder if the motor mounts that they use would work. They look like they are made better. Any one ever dealt with them?

Dillon2222

Reaction score
Ok... swapped out the broken driver side mount last night. I see now why they want $1200 for this kind of thing. It wasn't hard, just and exercise in getting the right combination of extensions and sockets to get the thing in/out. My hands hurt so dang bad today it's unbelievable.
Isnt that the truth!!!!! just did my drivers side and good god, what a clsuter F*@$ it was trying to get out and new one back in. what a PITA. Hopefully my passanger side doesnt go out. I know the drivers side is very common.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isnt that the truth!!!!! just did my drivers side and good god, what a clsuter F*@$ it was trying to get out and new one back in. what a PITA. Hopefully my passanger side doesnt go out. I know the drivers side is very common.
Just don't do burnouts in reverse and your probably good for a while.

bomaxotis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wasn't GM helping with this problem recently? Weren't they offering help with the repair costs at their delearships? I am having the same problem with a 2011 Yukon XL. Very frustrating.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some dealerships discounted labor for some people, but I doubt that had anything to do with GM corporate. It was more of a goodwill motion by the dealer, probably to maintain a good relationship with a few customers. That's great for those fortunate few, but they still have the same ****** mounts that were installed from the factory. They may last 100,000 miles or far, far less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr