Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried with my dry rag, it may come off with cleaning agents. If it was just from rusty water, the residue would have shown on the rag.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy that's developing some mounts right now as we speak. He told me they will be available very soon. I'll try not to bug him. He made some very good mounts for my 99 trans am and they were so good I asked him if he could make some for our trucks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy that's developing some mounts right now as we speak. He told me they will be available very soon. I'll try not to bug him. He made some very good mounts for my 99 trans am and they were so good I asked him if he could make some for our trucks.

Please keep us updated. I'm collecting stuff to make my own mounts, but I have no problems buying someone else's design if it's worth it.

HihoTaho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I talked with chevy customer service today. They deny there is anything wrong with the design of these mounts. There wording is that there is no known defect or design deficiency with the motor mounts for these vehicles. Further they actually claimed very few of them fail. Sounds like it is time for us to find a law firm that wants to take a class action lawsuit. This forum alone probably provides enough proof to win the case. @gm @CHEVY you paying attention we are fed up and not talking the abuse anymore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep 205 posts here and just like the cracked dash issues for our NNBS as well. Not an issue either, even as I have 3 at 20K. lol. Keep us posted on that motor mount fab work.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found my first broken mount today @ 145k. I suspected it but video of the motor trying to jump out and run away confirmed it.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at a couple youtube videos but for those who have done it themselves... 4x4 guys, what do you find is the easiest method to get to the engine-side bolts on the driver side? I was looking at all the angles and I'm not 100% sure how to attack it.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bend the heat shields out the way. Jack the motor up some with a block of wood and a jack and use short sockets.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV