Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefKap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 GMC Yukon Denali with ~115K miles and a broken driver's side motor mount. Just emailed [email protected] to see if they will offer any assistance (subsidy) to replace the broken one, proactively replace the passenger side, clean mass air flow sensor and throttle body. I'll let y'all know if I hear back from them.

Headed to Big Bend in a few weeks and I need to get this fixed. I think our drive through the Ophir Pass in CO this Summer may have been the straw that broke the motor mount's back.

After suffering the known defect that shut the engine down leaving me to be stranded 80 miles North of home and having my 3rd row seats stolen due to poor design/engineering, it would be great to receive an offer of help/assistance. If not, I'll stop bringing it into the dealership, have the repair done at a local mechanic instead and never buy another GM vehicle as long as a I live. Can anyone say Ford SVT Raptor?

I just finished doing a full AT&T "life cleanse" that included shutting down home phone, changing ISP, switching from DirecTV to DISH and switching 4 cell lines from AT&T to Verizon because DirecTV refused to get on my roof to install their dish. I don't want to have to put GM in the naughty corner with AT&T.

ChiefKap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, at least they corn hole you quickly!

Offering 0 assistance. This is the last GM vehicle I ever purchase. Let's hope that Trump lets this POS company fail like BHO should have.

Apparently GMC is Latin for overpriced, under-engineered, dog-poop.

Mike Dodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe that I'm having the same problem with. At 125,000 driver side mount broke. I had mechanic replace it and at 157,000 the replacement broke. I now have 191,000 and it has broke again. Really tired of replacing this part. Please does anyone know of a sulution to this problem?

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced mine. part cost 35$ and took an hour. Its pretty easy.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to swap mine with stock replacements and use the original ones to build my own non-hydraulic style. Unless someone has a set (or one if both sides are the same) I can have for modeling/jigging purposes.

Jared J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have either a Yukon or Tahoe, but I do have the 2010 silverado 1500 LS with the 4.8L V8 flex and the motor mount (which looks like two pieces of metal glued together by a piece of rubber) has broken. The original from the factory was an AC Delco mount and I was hoping brand wouldnt matter, as I replaced it with a Duralast mount. That was a horrible idea. It lasted 4 months and snapped. With proper sized socket wrenches and a 2x4 board we were able to replace them. But what's to say the mount doesn't bust in another year or two. Then is the warranty out? If GM is reading this, I still think i have a great truck, but come on! Get with the Energy Suspension program and create over-torquing countermeasures on these mounts.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Energy Suspension make better engine mount rubber insert for 2007 and up Chevy truck?

Jared J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does Energy Suspension make better engine mount rubber insert for 2007 and up Chevy truck?

unfortunately no, I just checked their catalog last night and it stops at 2006. I just picked up a new AC delco from the chevy dealership and it has a new bracket mounted between the two plates that seems to be a better design. It cost be $116 out the door but it seems to be worth it. Just hoping autozone will exchange and refund me the broken one.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately no, I just checked their catalog last night and it stops at 2006. I just picked up a new AC delco from the chevy dealership and it has a new bracket mounted between the two plates that seems to be a better design. It cost be $116 out the door but it seems to be worth it. Just hoping autozone will exchange and refund me the broken one.

Pics and/or part number?

Ciro

Reaction score
I just got two motor mounts for the passenger and driver side, the part number is on the pictures e9ddab9fdc9b6daae02a5ab7c4bfdd4d.jpgcd433bc6fb26479b0ae3b70bb709c4b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094