Broke the tabs on my door panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prorider17

Reaction score
Well, in my quest to fix little rattles and squeaks, ended up breaking off the tab connected to the piece of plastic where my window/mirror controls are on my driver door. Now, the tab on the front part is broken and the tab (on the actual panel) is broken. Is there a way to fix without having to buy an all new panel?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pics?

U-pull is where I'd be looking if I needed a new door panel.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your talking about the tab that’s on the front of the arm rest? I’ve got a mint gray drivers side arm rest they just unscrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prorider17

Prorider17

Reaction score
I'll be able to add a photo tomorrow, but I have two tabs broken.
1 - Tab on the door armrest where the window control panel touches the armrest. It's a white tab. That thing is practically nonexistent.
2 - Tab on the window control panel (closer to the mirror) snapped of when pulling the window control panel off.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be able to add a photo tomorrow, but I have two tabs broken.
1 - Tab on the door armrest where the window control panel touches the armrest. It's a white tab. That thing is practically nonexistent.
2 - Tab on the window control panel (closer to the mirror) snapped of when pulling the window control panel off.

The armrest is an easy fix, what color is yours? Where the screw holds it from the back side broke off? (window control panel) Cause if u don’t remove that screw first your gonna break that panel, if so you can replace that individually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prorider17

Prorider17

Reaction score
I finally managed to get a photo of what I'm talking about. In the bottom red circle, the connector is on the armrest, which I'm pretty sure is fully integrated into the door panel. The top is on the window switch panel, which is roughly $20-30). I'm more concerned about how to replace the clip/connector that's connected to the armrest/door panel.
PBYM0DKCcwuhVLJH3

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pic didn't work. Just upload it here, don't try to link to a pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop