Brett's 2004 Escalade 6.0 AWD build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol it’s pretty easy pull the dash bezel, remove four screws and undo the connector, just have to have it programmed to your vin so it works correctly and they can set the miles & hrs for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dammit you’re getting me in trouble! Lol I did exactly what you said and I’m gonna put one together! Everything’s ordered! Lol! How hard is it to swap the face and needles?!

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you don't need to program your vin in, should be pnp. Only thing you need to do is program your correct mileage in. That's even if you want to do that.

If it’s a cluster that hasn’t been installed in whatever truck it’s going into, you need to have it programmed to your vin if not your gonna get brake error messages, steering wheel button issues, etc. the place I got mine from did that and the miles/hrs for free

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit you’re getting me in trouble! Lol I did exactly what you said and I’m gonna put one together! Everything’s ordered! Lol! How hard is it to swap the face and needles?!

I’d PM ScottyBoy he should be able to help you

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d PM ScottyBoy he should be able to help you

i just shot him a message to ask about converting all the lights to LEDs so I don’t have to worry about any burning out. I’m gonna just have it all programmed. Would I have to do that at a dealership?!

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just shot him a message to ask about converting all the lights to LEDs so I don’t have to worry about any burning out. I’m gonna just have it all programmed. Would I have to do that at a dealership?!

Not sure on that one maybe someone can chime in

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If it’s a cluster that hasn’t been installed in whatever truck it’s going into, you need to have it programmed to your vin if not your gonna get brake error messages, steering wheel button issues, etc. the place I got mine from did that and the miles/hrs for free

Really? I've never hear that before. Interesting......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98