Brett's 2004 Escalade 6.0 AWD build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard was it? I have a new OEM ISS and steering column bearing sitting on a shelf in my garage (were originally for my SS that I sold but never got around to installing). While the Esky hasn't developed the clunk yet I'm pondering just throwing the new ISS and bearing in now as a preventative action if it's not too much of a PITFA...

I didn't do it had the shop I use do it charged me $100, there are vids on YouTube if you want to tackle it yourself tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95escahoe, this thing looks great and keeps looking better and better! Love the build thread! You're doing great with it. For a while, I was wondering if you were ever going to buy some headlights. Buying all kinds of other parts, but you held of on those for a WHILE! I love pretty much everything you have done to it, and I would do a lot of the same, atleast as far as looks. Ever since I saw Zombieland, I have wanted to build one kinda like that. Ya know, not pretty, but looks like it's been through hell, and could go through anything. I would be able to drive right through all those riots we had last year, and have enough firepower inside to take them ALLLL on!

i234252.jpg

Always give it a try first. Dont need to spend $$ if it can be fixed for pennies. I've never met a set of lights I couldn't clear up to at least 90% like new. And I've tackled some ****** lights before

Yeah, you are correct in saving money. Something this nice though, why not spend the $100 or so for new lights? They may be a little higher that that, I have no idea. Crystal clear lenses look so much better polished up old ones. You can normally tell they've been polished.

Pulled both front door panels and found the missing wire for the door lights and put in LED's

1b7787ccd11e1150fe37503d44448127.jpg

How did you get LED bulbs in those lights? I have some bulbs, but they are to big to fit into the hole. I do have an OBS Tahoe, But these look almost identical, so I figure the hole for the light is the same size.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95escahoe, this thing looks great and keeps looking better and better! Love the build thread! You're doing great with it. For a while, I was wondering if you were ever going to buy some headlights. Buying all kinds of other parts, but you held of on those for a WHILE! I love pretty much everything you have done to it, and I would do a lot of the same, atleast as far as looks. Ever since I saw Zombieland, I have wanted to build one kinda like that. Ya know, not pretty, but looks like it's been through hell, and could go through anything. I would be able to drive right through all those riots we had last year, and have enough firepower inside to take them ALLLL on!

i234252.jpg

Thanks

Yeah, you are correct in saving money. Something this nice though, why not spend the $100 or so for new lights? They may be a little higher that that, I have no idea. Crystal clear lenses look so much better polished up old ones. You can normally tell they've been polished.

Ya your right even the cleaned up factory lights wouldn't really fit the blacked out look I was going for, and they were a lil bit more were $300 and change

How did you get LED bulbs in those lights? I have some bulbs, but they are to big to fit into the hole. I do have an OBS Tahoe, But these look almost identical, so I figure the hole for the light is the same size.

For the door LED's use these they fit perfectly I ran some off Superbrightleds.com on my OBS Tahoe but you had to use a knife and make the opening bigger was a pain, these just pop in and your done

19aa2232a477b1234654678d78a118ca.jpg

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered custom vanity plates 3 choices are BLKDOUT, BLAKLAC, BLKCADY

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BLKDOUT gets my vote

That's most likely gonna be the one, all 3 aren't taken as of now but who knows what other orders are in there, and it's more of a plate I could use on any future ride, the Caddy isn't going anywhere don't worry tho, I wanted BCKNBLK but it's taken

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the door LED's use these they fit perfectly I ran some off Superbrightleds.com on my OBS Tahoe but you had to use a knife and make the opening bigger was a pain, these just pop in and your done

Ordered custom vanity plates 3 choices are BLKDOUT, BLAKLAC, BLKCADY

I like BLAKLAC. DETHCAD would be cool too. I'm sure I could come up with some more, if I think about it a little more.

I wanted BCKNBLK but it's taken

For some reason . . . I kinda like it! Not sure why though . . . :think: :smoke2: I need to get a vanity plate for my vehicles that are actually legal to drive. BCKNBLK might go on one of them. I used to have a black 2001 Z28, until an underage drunk driver totaled it, and my body. A month and a half or so later, I bought my Wrangler, just so happened I ended up with a black one. That's when I started using this login on message forums. Hey, it works, because I'm back in black! I would also like to go with 4PLAY for that one. Then I traded my bike for my Tahoe, just so happens to be black. I thought about putting the plate from my Camaro, it was a Z28, and I'm a Star Wars fan, so that one is DARTH Z. Since the Tahoe is a Z71, I COULD use that one on my Tahoe.;)