Braking Performance (Under 2000 Miles)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got about 1200 miles on my Tahoe and still don't feel that the brakes are fully scrubbed-in yet. I've done quite a bit driving in Tahoes over the years but mostly with higher mileage units. Anyway...did about 600 miles in 11-20 degree temps over the Christmas holiday and found myself really having to stand on the brake pedal a few times dealing with the massive I-70 traffic hordes. Of course the Duratrac tires don't help braking on pavement, but still.

Anyone notice anything like this in the first 2000 miles? I have to say that the brakes on my 2018 aren't setting any records for stopping distance.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Seems like it took nearly 10k before my brakes fully came around. Had a "hard" pedal nearly the entire time. There is another post on here stating similar results.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem with my 2017 with about 2,000 miles. I have owned many SUVs including Tahoes and never had the problem you describe.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not getting the braking performance you seek, then try and bed in the brake pads. It's the only thing to try, if that doesn't work then you will need different pads.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
as said above. try the bedding process and see if that helps. although with the amount of miles on them already it may not work.

If you feel you need to upgrade let us know. we offer lots of different options for brakes.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I appreciate the feedback.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I appreciate the feedback.

I recommend EBC Yellowstuff pads and EBC painted rotors. While the EBC Yellowstuffs generate significant dust, they stop very well! I've been using these exclusively on all of my vehicles for years.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend EBC Yellowstuff pads and EBC painted rotors. While the EBC Yellowstuffs generate significant dust, they stop very well! I've been using these exclusively on all of my vehicles for years.

Thanks. I'll check them out.