Brake system lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hype

Reaction score
everytime i cold start my yukon about 5 mins after it starts sounding teh warning sound and abs and red brake light come on and the DIC says service brake system.... but if i turn off truck and restart it wont come back or if it does it will be hours down the road..... is it something major or sensor?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What he said.^^^^^. Maybe try a rebuilt unit. I used Module Master for a different car's ABS module. It might be a ground problem too.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have the ABS Computer scanned and see what last codes were thrown before I started throwing parts at it. Things can get difficult if you throw a part at it and the part you threw at it was bad and the one you replaced was just fine and now you have 2 problems which could make troubleshooting really difficult. I only replace a part if I know its bad or it truly seems it has to be that because nothing else has corrected the problem. Shooting from the hip only works out in the western movies.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this same problem, but only when it's pretty hot out. Did you ever figure out what it was?