Brake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg_M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question...I recently purchased a '10 Denali AWD and I get a slight pulse to the car, not the pedal, when braking at low speeds. I thought this was from warped rotors so I replaced the fronts. The pulsing is better but still noticeable at lower speeds. My question is this; could it be that the rear rotors may also be warped or is this a function of the AWD system? Thanks!

OP
OP
G

Greg_M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the AWD.

I didn't think so but I thought changing the rotors would have helped. I guess the next step would be to replace the rear rotors as well unless anybody else has any other thoughts.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear rotors are worth a try. It's really hard to diagnose a problem like that without feeling it. But it's obviously a brake issue and if the front rotors had an impact then the rear ones are the next logical step.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet its the rear rotors,...I just replaced mine.
One way to tell if its the fronts or the rears; If its the front youll get a nose diving sensation on the pulses,..if its the rear you wont,...thats how I knew it was the rears on mine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to put a bow on this thread. I put new rear rotors on and it solved the problem. Hopefully this helps someone else down the line.
Thanks for coming back and clearing it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep