Brake Question: casting numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference in the casting numbers for a 2007 Tahoe LTZ replacing the brakes on all 4 corners and some manufacturers have different disc for different casting numbers.

So what’s the difference between the 351C/352C and the 285C/286C??

I’m not around my truck to pull a wheel and look, but would like to order them asap.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
What’s the difference in the casting numbers for a 2007 Tahoe LTZ replacing the brakes on all 4 corners and some manufacturers have different disc for different casting numbers.

I’m not around my truck to pull a wheel and look, but would like to order them asap.

Thanks

This has been asked a bunch without a clear answer. The running guess is that GM pulled a GM and used nbs stuff for the first half of 07, then changed to the new nnbs hardware through 14. let us know if you figure anything else out.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Couldn't tell you the difference in casting numbers. I figured it was either a change point in the manufacturing process (going from one brake design to another) or had something to do with specialty brakes (SSV/PPV maybe). My 07 SLT 4x4 had the 286C casting number. If you're looking for it, it's on the caliper bracket, not the caliper itself. I didn't even have to pull a wheel, my 20s gave enough room for a flash light and the old eyeball.

EDIT: So going to GMpartsonline.net and looking up my vehicle, it shows two different numbers for caliper brackets (or caliper supports, as it says).

23498371 Caliper Support, LEFT 4WD
25910435 Caliper Support, RIGHT 4WD
23498371 Caliper Support, LEFT 2WD
25910435 Caliper Support, RIGHT 2WD

Looks like they are the same for both drivetrains (if you buy them from GM now). I'd almost bet it was a change in MFG, they changed something in the design that necessitated new brackets and now you can just get the new design. Again, guessing all the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trailblazzin

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you the difference in casting numbers. I figured it was either a change point in the manufacturing process (going from one brake design to another) or had something to do with specialty brakes (SSV/PPV maybe). My 07 SLT 4x4 had the 286C casting number. If you're looking for it, it's on the caliper bracket, not the caliper itself. I didn't even have to pull a wheel, my 20s gave enough room for a flash light and the old eyeball.

EDIT: So going to GMpartsonline.net and looking up my vehicle, it shows two different numbers for caliper brackets (or caliper supports, as it says).

23498371 Caliper Support, LEFT 4WD
25910435 Caliper Support, RIGHT 4WD
23498371 Caliper Support, LEFT 2WD
25910435 Caliper Support, RIGHT 2WD

Looks like they are the same for both drivetrains (if you buy them from GM now). I'd almost bet it was a change in MFG, they changed something in the design that necessitated new brackets and now you can just get the new design. Again, guessing all the way.

Thanks! Found mine as well, 286C, didn’t know where to look so I had to pull a wheel to find it, doesn’t help that they are covered in brake dust and corrosion.

274542c05175c2001ced367e6d43a8a4.jpg

For anyone looking its on the bottom of the caliper mounting bracket.