Brake lights 1998--switch adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeyslc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine work if I press the pedal ALL THE WAY DOWN. Like, really down there. Just pulled this brake light wire harness out. Took the advice on this thread and only removed the main wire cluster directly below the steering wheel, unlciped it from the metal bracket, moved it slightly aside and was able to pull the brake light switch wire harness down the side of the steering column right next to the brake pedal and uncliped it. Most the wires are broken. I have spongy brakes. Just bought it and it came that way. I think spongy brakes are a wire harness killer in these. Will be putting the new one in tomorrow then bleeding the freaking brakes first thing.

20170313_213144.jpg

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with my 99. I'm puzzled in that the brake lights do still WORK even with the white wire ruptured. Can someone explain why that is? I'd think they would not work at all.

0YukonDenali0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the same exact problem! I've replaced the turn signal switch and brake switch to still have no brake lights. I'm going to inspect those wires now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent