Brake Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trbotime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 15i LTZ 4wd with 14k miles. Front passenger brake is squeezing badly. I pulled the wheel off to take a look and the warning bar is rubbing the rotor. Also, the inside pad is about half the thickness 1/8" of the outside pad 1/4"+. From what I've read it's an issue with the caliper piston not retracting all the way. What else could it be? Has anyone else experienced this? Would this be covered under warranty?

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be covered under warranty. While brakes are a wear and tear item, they shouldn't be shot at 14k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Trbotime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I contacted the dealer and the uneven brake pad wear is a known issue and there's a bulletin out for it. They are going to be replacing the front rotors and pad under warranty.

My service guys said he's replaced a thousand (slight exaggeration I'm sure) of these on Tahoe, yukons and escalades. Hope this helps others in the future.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I had this same issue on mine but it's out of warranty. Brakes and rotors are wear items (like others have said), do they have an actual fix for the uneven wear? I'd check and see if they have a fix for you, so it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, you may be back in there after you're out of warranty for the same issue.

Please let us know, if they are also doing something with the actual calipers or some other adjustment. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

Trbotime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmm. I had this same issue on mine but it's out of warranty. Brakes and rotors are wear items (like others have said), do they have an actual fix for the uneven wear? I'd check and see if they have a fix for you, so it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, you may be back in there after you're out of warranty for the same issue.

Please let us know, if they are also doing something with the actual calipers or some other adjustment. Thanks.

I'll check my paperwork when I get it back later today to see what bulletin they used. My service advisor said they are updated rotors going on as the old ones made the inside pads overheat somehow. I figured they'd need to change the calipers or something else as well. I'll keep you posted.

boal05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, not to bring up an old topic, did you get this resolved? I have a 2015 GMC Yukon on a certified warranty still, just purchased back in November, and I've noticed the rear brakes smell like they are cooking the brakes each time we pull back in our garage, not sure whats going on since I haven't pulled a wheel yet, but if it's covered due to a known error, I'm not going to bother since it's the middle of winter here and I'll let them deal with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts