Brake hose replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace/upgrade my brake hoses to stainless braided. To the ones that have done this what brand or kit are you purchasing? I found some from stop tech but it was only the front lines.

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish those kits would work. Mine has 6 brake hoses. Both of those listed were for 5 if I read it right.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace/upgrade my brake hoses to stainless braided. To the ones that have done this what brand or kit are you purchasing? I found some from stop tech but it was only the front lines.
I bought fronts and rears from stop tech, just have the fronts installed for now. No complaints. I also went with stock bigger brakes from an 07 Hoe. Thx @sumo .

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a complete set. 6 lines. The extra 2 replaces the rubber mid lines that above the rear axle.

I just ordered this set of lines from Goodridge for my 2005 Yukon, and hope to complete my brake upgrades over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Did you have any issue bleeding out all the new brake lines without having to activate the ABS module or StabilaTrak system with a Tech2? I picked up a Motive Power Bleeder, so I am hoping if I force the new brake fluid through the lines without turning on the ignition or pumping the brakes I will avoid trapping air in either of those systems.

Thanks for any pointers in advance. Hopefully the full braking system overhaul will go without indecent and I can post some photos and tips of my own afterward.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now you guys have me wanting to get a kit of Goodrich lines.

I think you just vacuum out the old brake fluid from the back, pass side caliper and begin adding new fluid just as the old fill reaches the bottom of reservoir. Continue draining until new, clear fluid is running out. After that you do the back, driv side & then front pass, front driv. You don't necessarily have to pump the ABS module unless it was opened or replaced.

For other makes of vehicles, it is common practice to jump the relays to pulse ABS module like Tech2 or any other software does. I've never done it on 1 of these trucks but I'm sure it will work the same way. Just saying for future ref, high end software isn't required to bleed ABS. Furthermore, physically activating the ABS as in driving the vehicle, will move the air into the lines which can then be purged @ the calipers. More time consuming but same results can eventually be achieved. I have a LR with hill-decent option that makes the ABS software obsolete. Just find a steep hill to drive down, push the button and ABS pumps until it doesn't sense any more resistance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345