Brake Bleeder - Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Any recommendations for brake bleeders?

I've used the two person method forever and even vacuum but i don't have the correct adapter for this MC.

With that in mind, any recommendations? I saw that V12 by Phoenix, but it will be a cold day in h*ll when i pay $70 for plastic parts that look like play toys.

freyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Motive and it's decent for the money. I just learded real quick that the reccomended 20psi max is way too much for a chevy brake system. I also learned that Castrol Superclean will take brake fluid stains off a driveway if you get them quick enough. :)

Bryansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you just need some tube and a bucket, and a brick, or a wife. Crack it with brake depressed, tighten it and release break. Rince and repeat, working furthest to closes to the master cylinder.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Cheap method for under 2 bucks depening on your choice of bottle you get. I use a coke bottle with a hole cut in the top for a rubber hose and a smaller air vent hole. Fill the bottle half way with fluid, attach hose to the bleeder, insert hose into bottle submerged in the brake fluid. Crack the Bleeder and Pump away. The idea is, when you pump, it forces air out of the system, and when you release, you suck in some fluid. Keep doing it until theres no air bubbles left.
1323.rear_5F00_wheel_5F00_bleeder_5F00_valve.gif

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Cheap method for under 2 bucks depening on your choice of bottle you get. I use a coke bottle with a hole cut in the top for a rubber hose and a smaller air vent hole. Fill the bottle half way with fluid, attach hose to the bleeder, insert hose into bottle submerged in the brake fluid. Crack the Bleeder and Pump away. The idea is, when you pump, it forces air out of the system, and when you release, you suck in some fluid. Keep doing it until theres no air bubbles left.

Lisle Tools has a similar setup they sell for only a few dollars. Lisle can be found in just about any auto parts store.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly how I ended up doing mine when I upgraded my front calipers. And I had rented the pump from autozone couldn't get that pos 2 work to save my life. But this method is super easy. Just make sure the hose is on tight at the nipple or it will let air in

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Motive Bleeder. I keep it at 15psi when bleeding out brakes

Great system for the money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts