Bought my first truck back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a previous thread going about contemplating the idea. After a few weeks of going back and forth I finally was able to get it for a price I was content with.

this truck was my legit first car. bought it when i was 16 from a chevy dealer with a warranty and all lol. learned how to drive with it and took it to my driving test and all that. I sold it late 2007 with 85k.
so the guy i sold it to called me back after 10 years and informed me that he was selling it. i couldnt say no so i went to check it out. overall the body / interior is fantastic shape for a truck thats almost 20 years old. no body rot or rust at all. typical frame rust as usual. interior is still great with a really small rip in the drivers seat but thats to be expected. it needed some work mechanically. intake gaskets were leaking like crazy / valve cover gaskets leaking oil. engine light is on for 02 sensors also. after a month of going back and forth i wound up making the decision to go pick it up lol. so now the fun begins

its a 1999 gmc yukon. now its got 130. its got the blue leather interior also!! lol

so far im doing:

intake gaskets

valve cover gaskets

cap / rotor

plugs / plug wires

water pump / thermostat

changing valve cover pcv lines / gromets

back in 2007 a few months before i sold it
0812071419a0.jpg

the day i took her back home
99C4D02C-_zpsbbak42w1.jpg

80AAEA8F-_zpsccdodttk.jpg
3E16E3C6-_zpsqmdjpvpa.jpg
C12312A7-_zpsahw7x3c5.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Still looks good. Should be a fairly straight forward job. Good luck with it. Gotta clean up those headlights tho.

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol ive been sanding them down intermittently when i want to take a few minutes from the rest of it. they look terrible i know

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are personalized plates. i kept them when i sold it put them on my new truck at the time. been sitting around for a few years now so figured this is a good time to put them back to use

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet man. That is pretty cool to get back into your old ride. Hope she treats you right after all these years. I love that blue leather.

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. its by no means a daily driver lol i have 2 other cars to use for the daily grind.

as for the plates i havent gone to the dmv yet lol we shal see what they say. i dont see why they wont allow me to re use them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts