Bought a used '11 w/ 140k, leave the trans or change fluid/filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest failing points on these cars are driver motor mount, cracked dash, and transmission. I dont think the transmission is that sensitive but improper maintenance could be a cause. If this truck is for you or anyone you care about, I would definitely change fluid prior to shipping anywhere, especially where there is potentially high temp. A drain and refill wont hurt anything, only bring to light what is already wrong, which is something you may be happier to deal with here than over seas.

OP
OP
J

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
Thank you all for your concern and advice. I think I was looking at the stick without enough light and just noticing the dirty streaks on it. When I wipe it off, there are black streaks but the fluid itself it definitely dark pink.

I've got the stuff ordered, so I'll do the home filter and fluid change and I think I that should be sufficient. As I said, I have zero signs of problems when on the road.

Thanks for the help, sorry to send up the warning flag!

IMG_20171206_115140760 (Large).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts