Bose speakers ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have a center dash speaker. I've had my dash torn apart so I'm sure. Any idea what size the d pillar speakers are? I heard they're not a standard size.

I believe 3.5".

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming dual voice coil for sub. Can anyone confirm the ohms? Dual 2, dual 4? That 3.5 in the D Pillar looks to be a midrange as I never heard of a tweeter being that big.

I guess the big debate is if the rear should just be upgraded coaxials or a component set where 3.5 is replaced with a normal tweeter. Never seen a component set with just those 2 sizes.

My guess would be dual 2 ohm which would match pretty close to the other channels on the amp but they are not parallel since they each have there own channel.

This is just my best guess though.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Ken, would the wiring diagrams from the manual reveal how they are hooked up?

Are saying how the speakers are wired?

If so, YES it would but I have already verified that the front door and A-pillar tweeters are wired parallel off the amps 2 front channels.

The rear door and D-pillar speakers are wired parallel off the amps 2 rear channels and the other 2 channels go to the 2 voice coils on the sub.

It shows the door speaker wiring in my Chiltons manual.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so its almost like 2 sets of components?

Question, you think with less speakers running off the stock amp, the remaining speakers will sound better? For example, when people do these power tests on amps, the comments make complaints that they arent the true power because when all channels are used, their performance decreases or similar to this idea. When we setup sub or front speakers on the head unit or seperate amp, does that allow the remaining speakers to I guess get more power and perform better?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score

Question, you think with less speakers running off the stock amp, the remaining speakers will sound better? For example, when people do these power tests on amps, the comments make complaints that they arent the true power because when all channels are used, their performance decreases or similar to this idea. When we setup sub or front speakers on the head unit or seperate amp, does that allow the remaining speakers to I guess get more power and perform better?

Exactly... it is two sets of components from the factory. The only difference is instead of running a crossover between the mid bass and tweeters, they run a capacitor to accomplish the same thing.

The only problem with swapping everything for components is trying to keep the ohms matched to the amp.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You want to keep the total resistance that each channel sees as close as possible to what it's designed for. Less resistance will have the effect of more power to each speaker but the stock amp is rated for a certain power output level without distorting. In other words, it's only going to make so much sound without sounding like crap. You just wouldn't be able to turn the volume control up very far before it starts distorting. Factory amps can only be hooked up one way, so the power output to each channel is fixed. Aftermarket amps can be wired in different configurations so their power can be divided up differently, like they can run 100 watts x 4 channels if wired for 4 channels or 200 watts x 2 channels if wired for 2 channels. Also, the aftermarket amps are more lenient when it comes to the load each channel can use; they can sometimes run on 2 ohms or 4 ohms without distortion however they have gain adjustments to compensate where factory amps have no adjustment.

Shedric

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The road noise is definitely better/quieter than before.

How much insulation did you end up using, and how much do you think it would take to do the entire floor, doors, and inside panels? Asking for myself.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
How much insulation did you end up using, and how much do you think it would take to do the entire floor, doors, and inside panels? Asking for myself.

I'm sorry... I really don't know the answer to any of these questions. I got the sound deadener from my brother so I didn't order it to know how much was there and I didn't measure it because I didn't care... I also haven't done the floors or anything else so I really can't be of any help there.... I am such a failure... lol

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps with that question, I bought some Noico 80 mil from amazon and the 18 sq ft was way more than enough to do the front 2 doors including covering the area behind speaker. If I wanted to, it could be stretched to 4 doors if I only focused on primary areas. The door can cover the entire side of floor related to its location so I would imagine 90-100 sq feet would be enough for all doors and floor. Roof and tail gate would be another story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh