Bose speakers ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I installed Infinity Kappa's 62.11i's in my front doors,.. mated with a Kenwood DDX and stock Bose amp,.. a huge improvement over stock sound.

Thread is here ; http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/kenwood-ddx395-install.101265/

Thanks for the info... I have been looking at upgrading the speakers and have heard good things about the Kappas... there is nothing wrong with my stock speakers at this point so I decided to sound deaden first and perhaps I will upgrade later.

Before...
rps20180413_000444_352.jpg

After...
rps20180413_000527_967.jpg

Still need to do the rear doors.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good,.. where do you get the sound deadening material ?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Looks good,.. where do you get the sound deadening material ?

I actually got it from my brother. He bought it for another project and never used it. I know he got it on eBay but not sure on brand or price.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed Infinity Kappa's 62.11i's in my front doors,.. mated with a Kenwood DDX and stock Bose amp,.. a huge improvement over stock sound.

Thread is here ; http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/kenwood-ddx395-install.101265/

Those Kappa's are 2 ohm speakers so they will get the most out of the stock amp and it seems they dont require much power to do well. If a 4 ohm was put in their place, I'm assuming thats half the power they will get from stock amp. It sounds like if we are planning to keep stock amp for a little while, we would get most out of 2 ohm speakers rather than 4 ohm.

Since you have aftermarket HU and probably puts out more power than stock amp?, I guess we would be winning if the 4 ohm was connected directly to HU rather than amp? You tried connecting those speakers directly to HU instead of stock amp? I hear the stock bose dont put out much power but they are super efficient and mate well with the bose speakers.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm the front door speakers in my 2008 Suburban LTZ with the non-LUX Bose amp are indeed 1.9 ohm.... I will update this again after I pull the rear speakers and check.

Sorry Ken, my daughter did the door handles for me yesterday while I was/am sick and forgot to ask her to check the numbers.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You tried connecting those speakers directly to HU instead of stock amp?

I have not,... but now you have me wondering...... I was assuming that the Bose put out more power than the HU, thats why I chose to do it that way, Also, it would take some creative portioning to do that because my entire system goes through a series of interfaces (2) in order to retain factory chimes, phone capabilities, Steering wheel controls, ect.... But thats an interesting point.... I wonder if I just did the from Kappa's direct from the HU and leave all else through factory if there would be an improvement. Does anyone know what the factory Bose puts out for wattage ?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Sorry Ken, my daughter did the door handles for me yesterday while I was/am sick and forgot to ask her to check the numbers.

No worries... I am installing the "dynamat" on the rear doors today so I pulled the rear speakers.

2008 Suburban LTZ non-LUX Bose system...

1.9 ohm front door speakers

3.6 ohm rear door speakers

So looks like 2 ohm front and 4 ohm rear replacements would be in order.

Not sure how 2 ohm speakers in rear would affect the amp or the sound... I would assume the rear speakers would be louder but it may cause the amp to run hotter.

I am going to wait a while and see how sealing/sound deadening the doors is going to improve output... who knows, I may not need to upgrade.

Before...
rps20180413_132516_715.jpg

After...
rps20180413_132551_466.jpg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to get front speakers first and run directly to aftermarket HU. I hear stock amp is very efficient but super low power. I'm curious to know numbers as well because if it will get louder on stock amp, i rather go that route too until I get amps.

I also want to hook up aftermarket sub to stock amp. I know it will be very underpowered but I already have sub would like to use it while waiting. Anyone know power goes into sub and what ohm the stock sub is?

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fronts are 1.9 so you need 2ohm and rears are 3.6 so you need 4ohm. Your stock bose amp wont last long if you run 2ohm rears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts