Bose speakers ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Suburban LTZ with the standard Bose system not the LUX Bose system.

Can anyone verify with 100% certainty if all 4 door speakers are 1.9 ohm... essentially 2 ohm?

I have looked but cannot seem to find hard facts.

I am thinking of upgrading the speakers but I am also lazy and didn't want to pull door panels and speakers just to check.

I know someone here surely has the answer.

Also does anyone know the wattage rating of the non LUX Bose amp?

I am trying to find some decent speakers that won't break the bank but I really don't know what ohms and wattage to look for.

Feel free to make recommendations. I have read that coaxials are good for the rear doors but to use components for the front.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I was looking on ebay at stock speakers and it looks like 1.9 ohm front and 8 ohm rear.... seems weird.... hopefully someone has a set they removed sitting on a shelf and can verify.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have part numbers for your original speakers Ken? Research for my truck, and I think we have the same system, says the rear door speakers are PN# 15186669 and those are 3.6 OHMS. My front door speakers are PN# 15905042 and they are 1.9 OHMS.

I like the sound and in a year or so will change them all out for new factory ones. I've never had such a powerful stereo system in my cars. I thought it cool that it gets louder and louder without distortion unlike our previous autos or even our old stereo system at home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Do you have part numbers for your original speakers Ken? Research for my truck, and I think we have the same system, says the rear door speakers are PN# 15186669 and those are 3.6 OHMS. My front door speakers are PN# 15905042 and they are 1.9 OHMS.

I like the sound and in a year or so will change them all out for new factory ones. I've never had such a powerful stereo system in my cars. I thought it cool that it gets louder and louder without distortion unlike our previous autos or even our old stereo system at home.

I would have to pull the door panels and speakers in order to get the part numbers and like I said.... I'm lazy... lol

I see so much conflicting information when I look at stock speakers on EBay.... not that EBay should be a trusted source for information but sometimes it works.

I see listings for Silverados, Sierras, Tahoes, Surburbans.... front and rear speakers with pics of the speakers and some are 1.9, 3.6, 4, 8, 12.5 ohm..... I think I may end up just having to pull them and verify.

Maybe I will just try sound deadening the doors and keeping the stock speakers for a while.

There is nothing wrong with my speakers but I thought since adding the sub it would be good to upgrade the rest of the speakers as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you run your VIN through GMPartsDirect and get the numbers? My part numbers came from there and then to answer your question I looked at images on google, folks showing backside of speaker with sticker which included the part number and showed the ohms. I have them all saved on Amazon too but so far they all work to our satisfaction. I can barely hear anyway anymore, damn tinnitus, an F-4 Phantom running in my ears all day long.

My daughter and I are supposed to be replacing the interior door handles next week. If we do, I'll see about confirming the part numbers while the panels are off.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Did you run your VIN through GMPartsDirect and get the numbers? My part numbers came from there and then to answer your question I looked at images on google, folks showing backside of speaker with sticker which included the part number and showed the ohms. I have them all saved on Amazon too but so far they all work to our satisfaction. I can barely hear anyway anymore, damn tinnitus, an F-4 Phantom running in my ears all day long.

My daughter and I are supposed to be replacing the interior door handles next week. If we do, I'll see about confirming the part numbers while the panels are off.

Hadn't thought about running the vin to figure it out... I may give that a try later on today.

Thanks for the help.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is helpful for another thread I created to see if you could run aftermarket amp on stock speakers. 2 ohm in front and 4 ohm in rear sounds interesting if this were the case. Fronts would then get louder if connected the same way. A good 4 channel 4 ohm amp would probably do wonders. Fronts can run @ 2 ohm and backs at 4 ohm.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
This is helpful for another thread I created to see if you could run aftermarket amp on stock speakers. 2 ohm in front and 4 ohm in rear sounds interesting if this were the case. Fronts would then get louder if connected the same way. A good 4 channel 4 ohm amp would probably do wonders. Fronts can run @ 2 ohm and backs at 4 ohm.

My only concern with this would be that it could potentially cause the amp to overheat on the channels running at 2 ohms or it may induce clipping.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only concern with this would be that it could potentially cause the amp to overheat on the channels running at 2 ohms or it may induce clipping.

Most amps can run 4 and 2 ohm but not sure you can dedicate 1 channel to 4 ohm and another to 2. This is what I was hoping was possible to avoid the concerns you just listed.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I can confirm the front door speakers in my 2008 Suburban LTZ with the non-LUX Bose amp are indeed 1.9 ohm.... I will update this again after I pull the rear speakers and check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons