Bose/OnStar Aftermarket audio system install help 04 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe and this Bose and OnStar is really running my mind in circles. I have a few questions.

Im going to install part of my old system from my 95 hoe, consists of 2 12s, amp, 2nd battery (Xs power) and aftermarket radio. Adding to that in this truck I want to install a 4 channel amp and 4 rockford fosgate component speakers to replace all the Bose system.

So, what harness do I have to use if I'm not using any of the Bose system anymore, and don't need OnStar or steering wheel controls? Do I still need to buy the expensive ~$90 harness because it does more than retain the Bose and OnStar? Or can I cheap out on a simple radio harness and antenna adapter because I'm stripping the Bose out and running new wire through the 4 channel amp?

I feel like I'm over thinking this but like I said, the Bose and OnStar in this truck is throwing me in circles.

Thanks!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to keep door chimes, On Star Bose etc, you don't need a fancy harness. Are you running new wire everywhere?

OP
OP
RynoHarris

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to keep door chimes, On Star Bose etc, you don't need a fancy harness. Are you running new wire everywhere?
Yeah I'm running all new speaker wire from the amp to the new speakers.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442