Body Side Moulding Trim ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be the oddball here. But with all the chrome on the front, and chrome wheels... I think it looks better with the size mouldings. But only on yukons because they are colormatched.

Now there's nothing on the side to tie in the chrome wheels...

I was on the fence about removing them, and I probably wouldn't have... But the passenger side front door molding was messed up, so it got removed. Liked the look, so off came the rest. Working on some Esky handles for the side and then color matched front and rear bumpers and grille. So only chrome will be the wheels and Esky handles.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about removing them but i live in New york city they play a good roll. im planning on painting my rims with plastidip, either gloss or matte, taking opinions btw, should i paint these the same to match?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i thought about removing them but i live in New york city they play a good roll. im planning on painting my rims with plastidip, either gloss or matte, taking opinions btw, should i paint these the same to match?
I dipped mine. They were a little sun faded, plus I hated the plastic chrome strip. If I could, I would've taken them off, but driver side was repainted and the trim was taped off and painted around, so there was an edge of paint. Hope I'm explaining that right. IMAG0378.jpg

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dipped mine. They were a little sun faded, plus I hated the plastic chrome strip. If I could, I would've taken them off, but driver side was repainted and the trim was taped off and painted around, so there was an edge of paint. Hope I'm explaining that right. View attachment 73354

is that matte or gloss? looks good to me

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matte. I gotta redo it this spring. Gonna do the Tahoe door script too.

you fancy breh lol im not even sure if my mine has the script on it. i think im gonna do gloss on the wheels and matte on the door mouldings. or just gloss all around still thinking

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
decided im gonna do a plastidip satin black on the rims. now i not sure what to do for the door mouldings/trim stripes. i saw all these products at autozone. any recommendations what would look good with black satin rims? and i washed the bird crap off after i took the pic of my baby:D i triede to find pics of those rustoleoum products on cars with no luck. what do yall think?

20170202_193038.jpg

20170202_191336.jpg

20170202_191107.jpg

20170130_145522.jpg

20170130_145519.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Are you going to leave the chrome strip?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts