Body Control Module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrfix71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What winter weather to be troubleshooting my truck! The last couple of months has revealed several things about my 2007 Tahoe LTZ. New tires in the summer, then all sorts of strange system things started to happen. Some issues were not looked at then due to a replaced front hub and several extended absences from home. Here is what I am trying to verify at the moment:

1) The tire sensors started showing up intermittently on the RR a few weeks after new tires, then that one stayed on before the others started doing the same thing. Now at least the RR stays on with random others.
2) Intermittent Traction control errors
3) The digital drivers menu occasionally dims out for a day or two
4) Windshield washer pumps not working
5) Radio takes a moment or two to power up accasionally
6) Occasional single headlight will come on but both will work by turning the switch off then on again
7) Drivers seat heater seems to be barely on but noticeable during 2 or more hour trips
8) Check engine indicates O2 sensor

This much going on all at the same time indicates something common. When I started troubleshooting the other day when it was warmer, I noticed many of these systems are grouped together in the fuse box and attached a photo of the section.

Just checked the windshield washer system and the manual says the Body Control Module is bad. Calling around I have been told that isn't likely to be the problem because they do not go bad very often.

Any ideas out there? Sure could use some help sorting thru this and finding the core problem such as a common ground somewhere.

Not Working.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
What winter weather to be troubleshooting my truck! The last couple of months has revealed several things about my 2007 Tahoe LTZ. New tires in the summer, then all sorts of strange system things started to happen. Some issues were not looked at then due to a replaced front hub and several extended absences from home. Here is what I am trying to verify at the moment:

1) The tire sensors started showing up intermittently on the RR a few weeks after new tires, then that one stayed on before the others started doing the same thing. Now at least the RR stays on with random others.
2) Intermittent Traction control errors
3) The digital drivers menu occasionally dims out for a day or two
4) Windshield washer pumps not working
5) Radio takes a moment or two to power up accasionally
6) Occasional single headlight will come on but both will work by turning the switch off then on again
7) Drivers seat heater seems to be barely on but noticeable during 2 or more hour trips
8) Check engine indicates O2 sensor

This much going on all at the same time indicates something common. When I started troubleshooting the other day when it was warmer, I noticed many of these systems are grouped together in the fuse box and attached a photo of the section.

Just checked the windshield washer system and the manual says the Body Control Module is bad. Calling around I have been told that isn't likely to be the problem because they do not go bad very often.

Any ideas out there? Sure could use some help sorting thru this and finding the core problem such as a common ground somewhere.

View attachment 190673

Have you replaced the battery cables recently?

These trucks are known for the cables getting corroded internally and causing all kinds of electrical issues.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ken again, grounds, check them all. Ive also heard under the fuse box gets corroded, may be worth a look

Listen Pete... this ^^^ is becoming all too frequent... your really gonna have to step up your game... lol

OP
OP
Mrfix71

Mrfix71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right after I got my Tahoe, I similar things were going on but I found moisture between the fuse box layers. Blew out the water and added some dielectric grease fixed that! With this current wave of problems, I have been wondering about a common ground. The battery cable view is interesting, but unlikely from memory. However, I will look to be sure. That would be my luck!

These single digit temps are killing me! Unfortunately, I have a tractor torn apart in the shop and have to work outside. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right after I got my Tahoe, I similar things were going on but I found moisture between the fuse box layers. Blew out the water and added some dielectric grease fixed that! With this current wave of problems, I have been wondering about a common ground. The battery cable view is interesting, but unlikely from memory. However, I will look to be sure. That would be my luck!

These single digit temps are killing me! Unfortunately, I have a tractor torn apart in the shop and have to work outside. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Then i would pull the fuse box again, considering its that 1 module section. Someone posted grounds the other day.8F74427F-A10C-4BD4-8F5C-8BCFA73BE6B9.png

OP
OP
Mrfix71

Mrfix71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Galante!
When you say pull the fuse box, do you mean to split the box top from the bottom using those cam handles? Looking at the schematic, I am gonna check the ground on the Lower Left Radiator Support!

I tried posting in another forum a couple of days before I tried here. Never did get a response, but definitely appreciate the quick and helpful responses I got here!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its what we do here..... lol

Yes, split it like that with the grey handles. I thought i read you said you did that before when you first got it,(im being lazy and not looking at your first post), i do know ive read to be careful pulling it and putting it back in. Clean it all up and dielectric grease all that again. I guess make sure it all the connections are snapped into bottom of fuse block before reattaching top portion if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Mrfix71

Mrfix71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally have a day that I can look at my Tahoe. While attempting to get to the G100 ground (based on above diagram) and look for a problem, I found a confusing mess of cut and taped wires under the washer tank and behind the D/S wheel well. There is a silver box dangling, which I can only assume is the HID lamp ballast. Not familiar with them at all but surely, it doesnt just flop around loose! And, what seems like an electrical connection on the side of the tank that is disconnected. A different looking connector is dangling in the mess as well.

Whoever did something sure didnt take thee time to try and do it anywhere near correctly.

Now to look thru all the schematics and figure out what these wires are.

OP
OP
Mrfix71

Mrfix71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What a mess. I could not get to the G100 ground without removing the entire front end, apparently. So, I ended up snooping behind the wheel well and washer tank. Someone had hacked into the pumps' wires and messed it all up. In addition to all of the empty and broken zip-ties, the tape and twisted together wires had come apart, plus some random colored wires were intended to be part of the apparent half-*** repair. The box went to HID upgraded fog lights and was remounted with good double sided tape.

After matching new wire, soldering the connections, and sealing heat shrink...both washer pumps work! The sun started going down before I could do much more snooping though. Now, back to the schematics and look at the other quirks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons