Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two colors of tan... I'm specifically looking for the lower/lighter one.

I have found somewhere on here that SEM Classic coat Med Neutral is a match, though I am unsure which one that matches lol...

Quite irritating and I'm thinking I may end up having to just bite the bullet and buy the different colors to find the right one. Or run to a paint shop lol...

***Edit - 52I and 522 for the RPOs... Similar issue that this guy was having 5 years ago.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/what-color-is-my-interior.54330/#post-678311

Oh, I also got the Tahoe back from repair. Fender looks awesome. However, the front bumpers is fuckered. The hit caused the filler and paint to lift and crack. The fix didn't hold up either. I'm currently on a trip for work so when I get back I will have to run by the shop to have them look at it. It may wind up with me getting a new (used) from bumper and pad since they cannot fix this one now and I want to say that it's tweaked, but who knows.

More to follow.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There are two colors of tan... I'm specifically looking for the lower/lighter one.

I have found somewhere on here that SEM Classic coat Med Neutral is a match, though I am unsure which one that matches lol...

Quite irritating and I'm thinking I may end up having to just bite the bullet and buy the different colors to find the right one. Or run to a paint shop lol...

***Edit - 52I and 522 for the RPOs... Similar issue that this guy was having 5 years ago.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/what-color-is-my-interior.54330/#post-678311

Oh, I also got the Tahoe back from repair. Fender looks awesome. However, the front bumpers is fuckered. The hit caused the filler and paint to lift and crack. The fix didn't hold up either. I'm currently on a trip for work so when I get back I will have to run by the shop to have them look at it. It may wind up with me getting a new (used) from bumper and pad since they cannot fix this one now and I want to say that it's tweaked, but who knows.

More to follow.

Is this the color?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...ahoe-yukon-today.12502/page-2222#post-1203713

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HiHoeSilver Somewhat looks like it... saw that before. However, I didn't see the comment that "it matches the lighter trim" so that just may be the color I am in need of.

Though now I'll be looking through that thread to find the color and/or a picture of the full interior to make sure it's got a similar color to the plastics.

Thanks for posting this.. didn't catch that one line last time I came across it.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple shots from today. Fender is good, bumper still needs fixed.

Ride height is where I have ben trying to get it along with appropriate clearance when driving.

Now to start fixing the smaller issues that have been creeping up.

20180402_163902-01.jpeg 20180402_163909-01.jpeg

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it... but today had more setbacks.

Riding with the family down the highway and hit the brakes and death wobble stated. Scared the shit out of the wife. Its happened a coupe times to me, but I thought I fixed it since it would go away. Happens randomly, but usually after I'm driving a little bit.

Ordered now front rotors and pads tonight (only happens when braking and I'm assuming the brakes are warm/ hot) along with the rough country steering stabilizer. Went with the towing powerstop setup since I'm sure the heat warped the rotor over time. More symptoms would be a slight pulsing/grabbing when I'm doing normal braking...

Ugh.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
DW is no fun. Pretty common on lifted Jeeps (dealt with it on mine), didn't think it would be an issue on a lowered truck with IFS though :(

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be checking that. However, initially I opted for the less expensive set and do a lot of harder breaking due to the traffic around here. Never had any issue with them on previous (much lighter) vehicles. I want to say the heat build-up with that type of braking combined with the wheel and vehicle weight caused a slight warp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094