Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cell phone photos for a close sixth place to using a real camera! I wish i had time to actually go out and get legit photos.

View attachment 187131 View attachment 187132 View attachment 187134 View attachment 187135 View attachment 187136

Great shots! Love this tahoe. Makes mine look lifted haha

this shot tho.. heavenly

lrm_export_20171120_155413-jpg.187135

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it @Sevenevez
Pulled these today for $20 at a local yard...

Let's see if I can make it fit.

View attachment 188661

Grabbed the above pieces and brought them inside and gave them a quick bath. Yeah, the gray part looks like shit, but it will be sanded and sprayed at some point. I pulled the upper section of the console on the Tahoe and compared it to the Denali one... I'm going to have to get creative. I really don't want to go about replacing the whole assembly, mainly because I don't want to buy it lol.

May end up doing some plastic welding to get this stuff to mount instead of trying to get the clips to work, though it would be better if it were removable. Gotta tear it all apart to figure that out.

As for paint, I've decided I'm going to try and get a Java brown color incorporated into the majority of the interior. Seats need to be recovered/repaired so I might as well dress up the rest of the stuff with something different and a little more "classy" for my taste. Plus, I feel the Java color would work better with the Denali wood grain accents.

Here's to finding the time and weather. lol

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a light up front go out and that combined with one of the sequentials not working, I decided to pull the trigger on something I had in the back of my head...

First, I cut the mounting point off the stock housing and plastic welded it onto the aftermarket one since they broke and it's been held in by zip ties.

Then i got rid of the switch backs and went with some smaller, less intense amber lights and wired up the STS2 module from here. http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

I'll get a daytime video but I used to love the amber lights I had on my truck over all white... though this may be something I need to get used to.

20171222_221844.jpg 20171223_235426.jpg

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Had a light up front go out and that combined with one of the sequentials not working, I decided to pull the trigger on something I had in the back of my head...

First, I cut the mounting point if the stock housing and plastic welded our kbb the aftermarket one since they broke and it's been held in by zip ties.

Then i got rid of the switch backs and went with sombre smaller, less intense amber lights and wired up the STS2 module from here. http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

I'll get a daytime video but I used to love the amber lights I had on my truck over all white... though this may be something I need to get used to.

View attachment 189283 View attachment 189284
As much as I like the all matching white with switchbacks and hids, amber is always a classic and great look. What I hate are huge amber reflectors like on our stockers

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score

First, I cut the mounting point off the stock housing and plastic welded it onto the aftermarket one since they broke and it's been held in by zip ties.

Then i got rid of the switch backs and went with some smaller, less intense amber lights and wired up the STS2 module from here. http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

View attachment 189283 View attachment 189284

ahh cool. i wanna see sequential in action!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Saw the vid on the Tahoeyukonforum fb page.
Looks good. Motivate me to do my turns too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401