Bluetooth Audio Over Car Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtvuw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my car almost 2 years and still can't figure out one thing. Is there anyway to get the phone audio to play through my car speakers?

If I play music through the car on my phone it obviously works, but I usually drive around listening to Sirius all day and use Waze on my phone for traffic/navigation. I'd like Sirius to play like normal but whenever Waze gives me navigation/traffic audio prompts, for it to quiet down Sirius and play the phone audio.

Has anyone had any luck w/ anything similar? I have a 2016 Denali/Google Pixel 2 XL if that matters.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My phone audio also only comes thru speakers when I'm on 'Media'. When I'm on 'Radio' (I only listen to SXM radio too), the bluetooth audio for nav doesn't push thru. I don't know that there's a way to change that. I use a Pixel 1 and Pixel 1 XL.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to waze settings, sound and voice, and hit "sound output" under "Advanced Options." Select "Play as Bluetooth phone call"

Should work, just make sure your phone auto pairs with your truck when you get in.

OP
OP
D

dtvuw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to waze settings, sound and voice, and hit "sound output" under "Advanced Options." Select "Play as Bluetooth phone call"

Should work, just make sure your phone auto pairs with your truck when you get in.

I only get the option to "Play sound over phone speaker", I don't have a "Play as Bluetooth phone call" option. :( I have the latest Waze App.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to advance settings, then sound and voice, scroll down to sound output. Hope this helps.

E22CCA08-462E-4707-9385-6C2322A5F60B.png

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got 6.5 subs in there doors? I wanna put these in but with the Bose system and stock consol amp and sub being spidered in to everything Do I really have to pull everything out? Or is there a way around it?

Screenshot_2018-05-04-19-50-29-1.png

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent