Blown Horn Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the fuse for my horn a few months back and it has blown again. The other day I was idling in the driveway and I honked the horn and I saw my volt meter drop. It was not a big drop by any means, but it dropped. Also, if I have my blinker on, I can watch the voltmeter 'twitch" with the blinking.

I feel like I shouldn't be able to see changes in my volt meter jut from honking the horn or turning on the blinker.

Is there something I should look at? I intend on doing the "Big Three" upgrade in the nearish future, I just wasn't sure if there may be an underlying issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
likely the horn is shorting out somehow, maybe internally, voltage issue's could be a funky battery or alternator
you cold pick up a used horn online or the junkyard pretty cheap to swap and determine if that was it

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
likely the horn is shorting out somehow, maybe internally, voltage issue's could be a funky battery or alternator
you cold pick up a used horn online or the junkyard pretty cheap to swap and determine if that was it
What about the blinker issue? Maybe alternator going out? I have a brand new yellow top battery.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be alternator, could be a bad ground also, I would have the alternator tested and check all your body grounds and battery ground terminal. if a replacement horn still has same problem then maybe proceed to checking the horn switch/wiring

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of bad reviews on those yellow and red tops if your going to spend good money for a battery get yourself a agm odyssey

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of bad reviews on those yellow and red tops if your going to spend good money for a battery get yourself a agm odyssey
I would have went with a different battery if I would have bought it. I managed to get it for free, so I couldn.t turn it down. haha

YukonPayton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had this happen last month, just got around to fixing it.. it was both of my horns being bad.. picked up a cheap kit at advance because i needed em quick.. just spliced the new into the old harness.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen last month, just got around to fixing it.. it was both of my horns being bad.. picked up a cheap kit at advance because i needed em quick.. just spliced the new into the old harness.

Mine has blown again. Haven't gotten around to replacing the fuse, but I will probably just do like you did and replace both horns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094