Blinker kills cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Weirdest thing. Blinkers (either way) kill cruise, and if my lights are on, blinkers only blink once and then stay on. If they're off, they function as intended.

Where do you start with that??

Thanks in advance!!

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe the combination switch, being all the controls are on the one switch mine was bad for other reasons but that is a common GM problem

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
maybe the combination switch, being all the controls are on the one switch mine was bad for other reasons but that is a common GM problem

Thanks- that may not be it though. I can add to this story.

Apparently it only happens when the trailer is connected to the truck. I attached the trailer to another truck and it worked perfectly..

Maybe looking at a relay?

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a different story sometimes the trailer harness get messed up under truck i would check that out go from there

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks- that may not be it though. I can add to this story.

Apparently it only happens when the trailer is connected to the truck. I attached the trailer to another truck and it worked perfectly..

Maybe looking at a relay?

It's because the trailer has LED blinkers. It's showing a short, so it kills the cruise control.

Some LED tail lights do the same thing.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's because the trailer has LED blinkers. It's showing a short, so it kills the cruise control.

Some LED tail lights do the same thing.
I put led tails on my little open trailer and that didn’t happen to me. Plus just hooked up trailer with the led tails i put on and its fine...im just sayin... think hes got something going on with the trailer connections on the receiver?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put led tails on my little open trailer and that didn’t happen to me. Plus just hooked up trailer with the led tails i put on and its fine...im just sayin... think hes got something going on with the trailer connections on the receiver?

Not all LEDs will do that. Some have the built in resistors in them. If you look there's a bunch of threads where people had the same problem only after putting LED tail lights on their vehicle. If it only happens on that trailer, that's the first thing I'd check.

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
Not all LEDs will do that. Some have the built in resistors in them. If you look there's a bunch of threads where people had the same problem only after putting LED tail lights on their vehicle. If it only happens on that trailer, that's the first thing I'd check.

I'll check that out. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26