Blend doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I have a 2004 chevy tahoe with dual climate control and rear ac. The ac/heat would only work on defrost. The heat didn't work on the drivers side. I finally took it in to the shop and the mechanic replaced 2 blend door motors and a blower motor resistor. Well my ac is fixed now but the heat still does not work and the mechanic is telling me another blend door motor is out. He says there is a total of 7 blend door motors. Just trying to figure out if he's giving me the shaft...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a blend door on each side for hot to cold and on each side for the different vents. same thing with the rear a/c

So he's probably right on swapping another blend door

OP
OP
jesse13

jesse13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok well I got this straightened out. Apparently there was a "miscommunication" between the shop owner and mechanic and originally there was only 1 blend door replaced on the drivers side but I was charged and told that both were replaced. I spoke to the mechanic while the shop owner was away and he said only the drivers side blend motor was replaced. I confronted the shop owner when he returned and they ended up replacing the passenger side to while I waited. I hate shady people like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davety53