Blend Door Actuator - where is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpollard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
2009 Yukon Denali, NON-manual temp controls, and the driver's side only blows hot air. Dealer wants $680 to replace the "Driver Temp Door Actuator" which I believe to be the "blend door actuator". Sounds like an easy job, and there is lots of info about it for other model cars (generally pre 2007). Does anyone know where this actuator is under the dash for a 2009 Yukon (non-manual temp controls)? Dealer won't give me a part number and rockauto is hard to figure out a part number for this particular part. Any help you have would be much appreciated!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is two of them, one up behind radio and other to left and above passenger feet.

Remove them both. write down model numbers. re install them.

EBAY or rock auto for replacements. tell stealership to get lost. do it yourself.

OP
OP
B

bpollard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you for the information. do you know which one controls the driver side and which does the passenger side? I was hoping to just replace the broken one as I will be selling the car soon....
Lastly, does the radio need to be pulled to get to that one? The radio (I have touch screen navigation) is really high up in the dash, no?
thanks for the response.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unplug the one by passenger feets. see if any controls stop working. if they do then its the one behind radio.
If nothing chages, thats the one.

OP
OP
B

bpollard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it is the one behind the radio, is it as difficult as it sounds to reach it?

OP
OP
B

bpollard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you were a betting man, would you guess it is the passenger feet one or the radio one?

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you shut it off, and re-start it, does the AC work again? My Sierra did this once - right before it got stolen