Blackout grill on nbs denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I may have misspoke when I referred to it as an nnbs emblem. I thought it was an option with those because I've seen quite a few around here that are otherwise stock but with the black emblem instead of the red. But after a little internet sleuthing, all I can find is the one made by All Sales Manufacturing. Anyway, they make several different styling options, all made of billet aluminum. You can get out with or without the chrome border. I originally had the solid black, then switched to the black with chrome border so the emblem didn't get visually lost in the black rectangle it sits on in the middle of the grille. They mount via threaded rods that screw into the back of the emblem at 4 places, go through the grille using existing holes, then it's just a washer and a nut. Hand tightening is plenty. The hardest part is getting to the back side of the grille, obviously you have to remove the fan shroud (that's what I call it anyway, from the days when I had my 92 Roadmaster with its big mechanical fan, it may be called something different now, Idk).
You can just remove the grill itself, it takes about 10 minutes. First remove the headlights by removing the 2 pins on each. Then remove the plastic piece on top that covers the area between the radiator and grill by removing the 8 or so push pins and then remove the grill by removing the 10 mm bolt at the top, then turn the 4 plastic retainers (2 at top, 2 at the bottom) counterclockwise using a #2 Phillips until they stop, about 1/2 turn. Then start at one side by pulling carefully on the clip at the fender and then at the other fender clip. Lift straight out. That way you can lay it down on it's face (with protection) and get to the back easily. It's really simple on our trucks.

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just remove the grill itself, it takes about 10 minutes. First remove the headlights by removing the 2 pins on each. Then remove the plastic piece on top that covers the area between the radiator and grill by removing the 8 or so push pins and then remove the grill by removing the 10 mm bolt at the top, then turn the 4 plastic retainers (2 at top, 2 at the bottom) counterclockwise using a #2 Phillips until they stop, about 1/2 turn. Then start at one side by pulling carefully on the clip at the fender and then at the other fender clip. Lift straight out. That way you can lay it down on it's face (with protection) and get to the back easily. It's really simple on our trucks.

If your hands are small enough though, it's easy enough to reach back behind it once you've removed the radiator cover (what I referred to as a fan shroud). And takes a little less time that way. Something that is always running short for me. Lol. It's good to know how easy it is though, for when I dip mine black ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442