Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were happy until your deleted the res, right? I'm still debating which muffler to get. I think it was @DDenali that got the craven, sounds awesome, too.

Black Widow and Craven have a very similar sound, to my ear anyway.

But for those who are sensitive to drone, I always point to Magnaflow, especially if you're dumping the factory resonator.

2 cents

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were happy until your deleted the res, right? I'm still debating which muffler to get. I think it was @DDenali that got the craven, sounds awesome, too.
Yes I have the Carven R-series and I love everything about the choice I made definitely recommend this muffler

Sent from Dugar's IPhone 7 plus

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about putting the resonator right after the muffler? I don't know how this would affect the sound at the tailpipe, but I'm sure it'll do something. You'd have the resonator to tone down whatever frequencies are droning and keep your dual tips. I'm sure a piece of pipe was added to fill in the gap left from the shorter aftermarket muffler. Replace it with the resonator and take another vid.

BTW, those are GREAT comparison videos and I like the sound of both but without the resonator seems to have a deeper, "meatier" bellow to it. I played both repeatedly from when you started the truck, then played them simultaneously and paused each one individually to get a really good comparison. Cranked up on the shop stereo, it was almost like having two trucks revving in the shop.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about putting the resonator right after the muffler? I don't know how this would affect the sound at the tailpipe, but I'm sure it'll do something. You'd have the resonator to tone down whatever frequencies are droning and keep your dual tips. I'm sure a piece of pipe was added to fill in the gap left from the shorter aftermarket muffler. Replace it with the resonator and take another vid.

BTW, those are GREAT comparison videos and I like the sound of both but without the resonator seems to have a deeper, "meatier" bellow to it. I played both repeatedly from when you started the truck, then played them simultaneously and paused each one individually to get a really good comparison. Cranked up on the shop stereo, it was almost like having two trucks revving in the shop.

Now thats funny:laughing1: im sure they would of sounded better if i used the gopro vs my s4 phone haha.

Im sure it would do something but i cant weld or have the tools to do it or id definitely try. But ill talk to the guy doing it so see what he thinks.

Ugh i wish there wasnt the drone cause i do like that mean growl it has..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu