Black out Window Trim - Paint, Wrap, Other?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
Posted these before but i had stock rims and some of the grill powder coated satin black. the other parts of grill vinyl wrapped along with trim. also satin blackView attachment 182635View attachment 182636

2 months ago. But i barely drive her. Just on weekends so we will see. The guy at the shop said will hold up really well. Years he said unless i curb them. I was going to buy new black 22s or 24s but my tires are new and this was much cheaper option. When i need to get new tires i will upgrade and use these for snow tires.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard Plastidip works well. Has anyone here had experience with this?
https://www.dipyourcar.com/
Dip works ok, if you prep and remove. You can do it on the vehicle, but is a lot more hassle I found. The problem with plastidip is it is textured. So it will not be smooth like your paint and vinyl. It's a good cheap alternative, and I did when I had my Tundra, but I'd just pay the extra for vinyl personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
My windows were wrapped in gloss black vinyl and the grill was plasti dipped it all came out great! Had my windows done in March and the grill was done in May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal