Black out Window Trim - Paint, Wrap, Other?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hbskisurf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up my new 15 Suburban LT - hate the chrome window surrounds. Has anybody blacked them out yet? What's the best way?

Vinyl wrap, remove and paint, aftermarket replacement?

Really wish the factory offered a way to eliminate these!

Thanks!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vinyl wrap is what a lot of people use.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Id paint them but its a pain in the balls to remove by yourself without messing them up. Theyre riveted in and youll have to rivet them back in when painted. Vinyl would be your easiest, cleanest, quickest route.

kjason

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never tried to black out my trim. What kind of lifespan can you expect to get out of plasti or vinyl? Curious how long before it starts to peal off.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vinyl I use at my shop is a 7 year material.
Does your shop do complete vehicle wraps? And since this is a small project, how difficult/easy would it be to do it myself if I could get my hands on some vinyl? I live in California btw. I went to a local vehicle wrap shop and asked if they could cover the window trim and they told me it would peel off and it wouldn't be a good idea (even if they installed it), which doesn't make sense since on total vehicle wraps, the chrome window trim is covered by vinyl. Only thing I can think of is since it is such a small thing to cover, maybe it would peel quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9