Black license plate screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some anti theft black license plate screws, I've looked around EBay only ones I see are for Lexus etc. local parts stores had no luck either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rattle canned mine black, then put a lock washer and nylon nut on the back side to slow them down. Not coming off without a wrench and some time under the truck to get it off. Luckily we are only required to run the rear plate.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serious question, do people really steal your plates?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rattle canned mine black, then put a lock washer and nylon nut on the back side to slow them down. Not coming off without a wrench and some time under the truck to get it off. Luckily we are only required to run the rear plate.

In CT we need two plates on but so many run just the rear I did for a few years on my Mustang never had an issue with it, I might get that front plate delete panel they make for the Escalade and just run the rear and do the same

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For years I would just use the non locking screws started using the locking ones on my OBS Tahoe then latter the Escalade but now with the custom plates they might be more of a target seen a bunch of black regular plate screws

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my enclosed trailer I used some large flange pop rivets. It requires a drill for removal.

That's a great idea for a trailer since they tend to sit a bit at times

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe some kid who wants to hang it on the wall and tell all his buddies he stole it off a blacked out esky lol.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro