Black Bear worth it on high miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patrick M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tuning is something I hadnt really thought about....maybe I need to think about it...

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuning is something I hadnt really thought about....maybe I need to think about it...

I was the same way, and then I discovered that they were holding a tuning event 9 miles from my house and I didn't even have to buy the tuning device. Slam dunk.

Dollar for dollar, it's the best upgrade/decision I've made to my Tahoe. By far.

Patrick M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was the same way, and then I discovered that they were holding a tuning event 9 miles from my house and I didn't even have to buy the tuning device. Slam dunk.

Dollar for dollar, it's the best upgrade/decision I've made to my Tahoe. By far.

I see theyre having an event in Indy sometime soon. Thats only about 3 hours away.

What kind of sucks is that I actually owned a EFI Live V2 and sold it after I sold my duramax. Wishing I had kept the v2 around now...

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see they're doing an in-person event in Ft. Worth in Nov... that's about 6 hours from me. And over Thanksgiving holiday. Dangit. I just don't see myself making it, probably.

I guess I should look into the mail-order version. Everyone is raving over their tunes. Since I'm going to be fairly significantly changing tire size, it would be good at least to get that reprogrammed.

I, too, wondered about the worth of a tune on my '04 Tahoe pushing 240k miles. Maybe it will wake things up enough to excite me some. I doubt it'll compete with my 370z, but it might make things a bit more fun, either way. :D

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see they're doing an in-person event in Ft. Worth in Nov... that's about 6 hours from me. And over Thanksgiving holiday. Dangit. I just don't see myself making it, probably.

I guess I should look into the mail-order version. Everyone is raving over their tunes. Since I'm going to be fairly significantly changing tire size, it would be good at least to get that reprogrammed.

I, too, wondered about the worth of a tune on my '04 Tahoe pushing 240k miles. Maybe it will wake things up enough to excite me some. I doubt it'll compete with my 370z, but it might make things a bit more fun, either way. :D
Apparently it will be more fun to drive...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep