Black bear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Escalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now my 6.0 Escalade shifts hard through the gears, especially 1-2. I know there are lots of mechanical reasons why, but I hate its "clunky" tendancies. Its an Escalade, I want smooth as silk shifts. 87-89 octane tune sounds really good for this 14mpg beast. My question is can I create the tune I like, or is this black bear tune set to defaults?

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now my 6.0 Escalade shifts hard through the gears, especially 1-2. I know there are lots of mechanical reasons why, but I hate its "clunky" tendancies. Its an Escalade, I want smooth as silk shifts. 87-89 octane tune sounds really good for this 14mpg beast. My question is can I create the tune I like, or is this black bear tune set to defaults?

Either way you go, in person or scan cable, your tune is set to optimize your vehicle. I personally had the in person tune and couldn't be happier. Justin plugged in his computer and we went for a drive collecting data. A few tweaks later and there was a new found pep in our Yukons step! Black Bears customer service is top notch as well

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Scott,

You may *want* smooth shifts for their feel, but smooth shifts are detrimental to transmission life. For best transmission life, you want a shift that is quick and crisp.

91+ octane is required for that engine due to its compression ratio. 87/89 octane will result in pinging, reduced fuel economy and reduced performance. The Scan Cable tune and AutoCal tune, along with our in person tune will all be customized specifically to your vehicle.

Please email us [email protected], we will be happy to help.

johnny--2k

Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf What do you charge for an in-person tune? I see you're coming to Ft Worth soon... and I may be interested. My 188K mile pig needs some new-found youth :D

Is there a price difference between 87-89 and 91+ tune? I have been typically filling with 93 if I can, but lately that has been scarce here in DFW. It's getting better though.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf What do you charge for an in-person tune? I see you're coming to Ft Worth soon... and I may be interested. My 188K mile pig needs some new-found youth :D

Is there a price difference between 87-89 and 91+ tune? I have been typically filling with 93 if I can, but lately that has been scarce here in DFW. It's getting better though.

What: Black Bear Performance Tunes (98-2016 GM vehicles only)
Where: Indianapolis, IN
When: 1-2 November 2017
How Much: $80 deposit for time slot, $260 at time of tune (total $340)
($40 discount on tune with purchase of AutoCal at the same time)
Please go to Calendar of Events Black Bear Performance http://www.blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp Calendar of Events to submit your deposit.
If folks want spare modules the prices are as follows:
$100 - 99-07 Classic Gen-III
$140 ECM / $50 TCM - Gen-IV Trucks and SUVs
$279 AutoCal
**We will need to ship out the modules before the meet for people to install them and perform the security relearn prior to being tuned.
**2017 models cannot be tuned at an off-site event.
**Any tune updates need to be scheduled directly with us prior to the meet by email, [email protected]. Please email your update request (please include vehicle details – year, make, model, engine – along with what you would like updated). We will try our best to accommodate your request, but you will not be given a time slot, rather we will fit you into the schedule as time permits.
**Please Note: The email address that is used to pay your deposit is the email address that we will send all correspondence to. If you would like us to use a different email address, please email me at [email protected] to notify me of the email address change.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hello John, If your engine allows it and you have the AutoCal you can have different octane tunes. The in-person tune price is $340. The AutoCal is priced at $599. If you wanted to purchase an AutoCal with the in-person tune to be able to return back to factory settings, receive free tune updates as long as you own the vehicle, and have the different octane tunes, the AutoCal is discounted down to $270 and the in-person tune down to $300 for a total of $570.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne