Black bear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on their experience With black bear tune for 2002 Chevy Tahoe ? And do you recommend it?

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on their experience With black bear tune for 2002 Chevy Tahoe ? And do you recommend it?
Just got mine earlier this month. I have an 02 Tahoe, 5.3l LS. I got the 87-89 octane tune and my god it changes the feel of the truck. I have bigger mud tires and my 0-60 before the tune was 12.1 and after the tune I got 8.44 seconds

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 2001 Suburban Blackbear tuned since Feb 2010. Hands down, I have to say it's some the best money I have spent on my truck as far as mods go. It DEFINITELY woke up the engine and greatly improved drivability. I had the "in person" tune at one of the tuning meets. I met up with him in New Orleans, he connected his laptop to my truck and we went off for a drive so he could log some data. Then we stopped at a gas station so he could load the tune. After several more quick stops so he could adjust some things, we finally had it dialed in to where I wanted all the shift points, and torque management and everything and we were set. Took about 30 minutes total, and I drove off flooring it and chirping the tires as my transmission shifted into second gear. First time I have EVER had it bark the tires when it shifted gears.
Then he actually updated the tune for me about 2 years later. I added electric fans, and changed to different sized tires, so I had him tweak a few things.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth the effort and money for sure on my 2006. Did the in person meet and just like ScottyBoy outlined. Get er done.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine earlier this month. I have an 02 Tahoe, 5.3l LS. I got the 87-89 octane tune and my god it changes the feel of the truck. I have bigger mud tires and my 0-60 before the tune was 12.1 and after the tune I got 8.44 seconds
Which tune did you get? In person, PCM swap, or scan cable?