Black Bear Tune.. which route?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savagebasher

Reaction score
I am thinking AutoCal.. thoughts? Below are the options they sent me.. least cost to most.

--

Traditional Tune - Complete an order form with pertinent details and we ship out a set of computers to you. You will need to find someone with a Tech II or similar to perform the crank relearn (~$50-100).

Scan Cable Tune - With the security deposit, we send out a data logger, to be used with a Windows based Laptop to collect data. Then, using that data and an order form that you complete, we complete and ship the set of computers out to you to be installed.

AutoCal - All tuning is completed by email with this option. The AutoCal is used to collect data from the truck, much like the scan cable tune, without needing a laptop, and all tuning is completed based on that data. The end result is emailed to you to be installed using the OBD2 port under the dash. A Windows based computer is needed to transfer files to and from the AutoCal.

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience here but my plan is autocal. A lot more expensive but if you change things down the road then it’s easy to get everything adjusted.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Autocal. I have multiple tunes that a can reflash at any time. 87, 93, tunes for 17 winter wheels, 22 summer, I have. Tow haul mode, and sport mode that when tow button is turned on. Now that I’m supercharged, I use it for logging and if I make any changes, like up the boost, I can send the files to Justin so review, he’ll make soMe adjustments, send me a modified tune. All I have to do if load it into the autocal and reflash my truck.
Also works if you change the exhaust, or put in a new cold air intake you can send that info to them and they will send it back to you in a email. No down time in your truck waiting to send and receive in the mail.

Chirider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Autocal. Just had a Magnuson 1900 installed and Justin at Black Bear was quick and very helpful and patient. It may be a little more expensive but the customer service and convienence was soooo worth it. My 2015 Yukon is not a pig anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3